1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokesav question

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by ASuch, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

So when I tried using pokesav on my Heart Gold, when I opened up my rom on Pokesav everything was wierd. Like I had more then infinite money (Like over 1 million) 101 party members, and it was just wierd. How do I fix this so it doesn't screw up my game? All I want is a Garchomp and an Arceus, but everything is being screwy.

2. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Bump

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Actually you are very stupid.
    Always MAKE AN BACKUP!

You cannot fix this anymore.

And if you want an Arceus, do not use Pokésav, but use cheats if you want it so badly.

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Both pokesav and cheats are a legitimate method. I prefer pokesav and have never had any problems with it.

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Nice advice.

@ASuch.
    Are you using the correct Pokesav version?
    If you're using the wrong one, it comes up all screwy. Be sure that you are using the HGSS one. Also, if you want a legal Arceus, you'll have to have a save on platinum that is far enough to get Mystery Gift enabled (or just click Enable Mystery Gift, in this case, be able to access a Pokemart and possibly have the Pokedex already...) and use the Wondercard PGT, PCD files via Mystery Gift Edit.

I have a tutorial regarding Mystery Gift and Wondercards. Search for it because I can't remember if it is in the Tutorial section or not.

Once you have that, all set and obtained from the Pokemart, save, and then save the Arceus as a PKM file. The rest is cake. Load that PKM file to the HGSS Pokesav with your HGSS SAV file, and there ya go, a legal Arceus. Be sure to edit the date to match distribution.

6. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

I downloaded the HGSS one off Project Pokemon...And when I converted it, it gave me a back up, so I'm fine. I don't know what happened though.

7. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

I just want to add on to the question because I'm a little scared the same thing is going to happen to the backup file.

1: I used No$GBA to VBA to convert my HG file
    2:Went on Pokesav and clicked open
    3: Then when it opened everything was screwy.

And why can't I get an Arceus using Pokesav? Its not like I'm going to be battling online or something.

8. insanecrazy07

Are you sure you're converting to the right type? Anything with the Acekard 2, Cyclo DS, etc. will work.
    Can you provide a screenshot of the program as well as the save file type? If the save file is NOT 512 KB, there's your problem.

Also, I find using Pokesav to hack an Arceus (or anything else for that matter) to be way better than an AR. When you create something on Pokesav, it doesn't scream hack. I'm not a fan of ARed stuff or blatantly hacked crap. It just shows noobness more than anything.

9. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

hi all,
    can someone give me a pre-edited cheat.dat for pokemon cheats?
    thx!

10. piager

piager Member

Find a new Savegame and replace it with your old one.

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Actually, I think I may know the problem. Did you use "Revert to original" when opening your sav?

12. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Insanecrazy@ If you mean the pokesav thing, here it is: http://yfrog.com/5s13336783j And I don't understand the save file thing. If you mean the KB of the save file as of now, its 2497 KB.

Above@ I clicked Revert, didn't help.

Piager@ I'm already done all 16, why would I want to start over?

13. insanecrazy07

2497 KB is way off. You need 512 KB. Use a save converter to go from a No$GBA save file to a CycloDS, Acekard 2, R4, M3 save file, which is the one you need.

Google NDS save converter. Should be shunyweb.info or something like that.

When you are done, click Save, then reconvert it back to a No$GBA save file.

14. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Everytime I try converting it, it says it failed every time

15. insanecrazy07

Well, that's not a pokesav problem, but a converting problem.
    Dunno about converting because I never needed to...

16. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

Well I thought that maybe because the save file I used was the one that was screwed up in Pokesav, so what I did was I used the .BAK file, I first removed the .BAK part though to make it xpa-phg-patched.SAV, but that still didn't work. Should I delete the messed up file, and it might work? Should I change the name of the BAK? Am I completely screwed from using Pokesav?

17. insanecrazy07

You're outside the realm of my expertise. Pokesav is coming up weird because you haven't converted it right...or you're using the wrong Pokesav program.

18. jess.eric

jess.eric Member

Use r4cce

19. ASuch

ASuch Well-Known Member

I dont wanna buy a flashcart

20. bobobob1

bobobob1 Well-Known Member

To get Arceus, isn't all you have to do is make sure that you have the Azure flute as one of your key items? Then you can get Arceus.