1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pokesav help

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by jammo24, Mar 23, 2010.

1. jammo24

jammo24 Member

how do i make ligitiment pokemon from scratch on soul silver ?

2. Natsuu

Natsuu Member

Honestly the first time i did it i just kinda played around. If you want to know what the pokemon will know, how much PP etc etc then you can look them up on serebii.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/

as far as IVs and EVs go i haven't really played with those much.

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Search around on practically ANY post I've made concerning Pokesav.

4. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

HG and Soul Silver are harder to use if you want to make Pokemon from scratch that are also "from the game", meaning that they were not "transferred" from an older game. There's too many complexities, I suggest actually going through Project Pokemon's forum and looking it up there - if they don't know how, who will?

5. insanecrazy07

The only difference is that everything is referenced from 3002 - Faraway Place, with 46h pertaining to the location caught and 86h pertains to the Ball type it was caught in. All else is the same from Pt.

Pokesav only gets tricky if you are trying to create GBA pokemon from scratch that was hatched in GBA, Pal Parked, then evolved...

6. s_quizno

Yes, while that is true, it was way too much for me when I started, and it sounds like jammo24's a beginner as well.

To be honest, I skimmed through their forums, so I missed that part. When pal park stuff evolves something happens?

7. insanecrazy07

Something about data being lost...trashbytes, hex, I'm not sure exactly what yet.

8. s_quizno

Awww, I guess I'll have to "breed" for them again. But this stuff doesn't apply to fully evolved stuff and legendaries right? I'm not that far in SS yet, so I won't be getting a legitimate template of some Pokemon for a long while.

9. insanecrazy07

The best way to get legendaries right is to actually catch it, keeping the hex the same. They all correspond to Type 1 PIDs.
    If you do them by scratch, 46h, 85h are kinda hard to figure out on your own.

This stuff only applies to stuff that was hatched in 3rd gen and transferred over. The only ones I would concerned about are 3rd gen events that were hatched (event moves like Wish), and then Pal Parked. Otherwise, you can just breed in 4th gen and be on your way. Most of the 3rd gen legendaries are in HGSS, even Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. The rest can be obtained from 4th gen events.