1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokesav doesn't do anything in the game.

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Swiggudy, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Swiggudy

Swiggudy Member

Well, I finally got HG to work and save thanks to Romulations awesome community but now I am having some difficulty with Pokesav. I have the version that is meant for HG and SS. When I replace the save with the new edited one, nothing happens at all. Some how the hacked save will automatically revert back to the original one. I have tried about 9 different times. So far I have had one successful hack and that was sticking a mewtwo into my party and a few other guys like Gengar into the deposit box. Other than that, there has been no success at all. I don't care for the legality and what not. I have no interest in playing competitions.

2. p_wba

p_wba Well-Known Member

yeah pokesav sucks

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

LOL. After doing all of your changes, did you click the Save button?
    Did you overwrite the original save or did you save it as a new save file?
    If the latter, you need to copy that new file over the old one (the one on your mSD).

4. Maybe you have forgotten to select how many pokemon should be in you're party.

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Also, do most of your editing to pokemon in a BOX. In party, whenever you change something, you have to go to Stats Edit to "normalize" the stats again. Let's say you edited a level 17 Gastly, changed it to Gengar, changed it to level 50, gave it Modest, added a normal Special Sweeper spread. You'd have to go to Stats Edit and click All Max. This normalizes it back to the stats it is supposed to have at level 50, with nature, IV and EVs applied, otherwise it will still have the stats of a level 17 Gastly, no EVs, etc.

You only have to do this extra step if it is in Party. Otherwise, it is excluded. Sticking them in a box in-game also normalizes the stats.