1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon wi fi Philippines

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by rebornalone, Jul 2, 2009.

1. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

Hi, I live here in the Philippines somewhere in Manila and I would like to ask if there is any compatible wi fi hotspot near here for me to be able to download the mystery gift in Pokemon Platinum and get my friend code. I know that there is a "Nintendo USB Connector" but I doubt there is any here in this country. I'm really tired of walking around hunting and I hope that somebody could shed some light here.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I've heard you can access the Wi Fi at Mall of Asia, not pretty sure though.

3. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

SM Megamall. only 1 left cause I bought the other one. try in some toy kingdom stores.

4. haseoTOD

haseoTOD Guest

You can buy a router if you want.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

While I'm a half breed, I live in australia...

That said-people know me around here as a wifi hacker-why?

Well, I walk around with my ds, searching for access points-the wifi settings menu can help-look for unprotected signals :)

LOL, they found me out at a telstra shop (mobile phone seller) and ever since we became good friends...except the signal was laggy and by now they would have put password on it since they knew me-oh well XD

Try it-as long as your ds ain't using your name and you don't do what I did (I would avoid sitting on the chair next to the store just for better signal...right agaisn't the wall) and you would be fine...

If your wondering about the moral issue-just think of it as a lesson-always use passwords on your routers :)

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

doing that is actually illegal.

7. rebornalone

Thanks for the help guys. I'll try to do them one at a time and I'll post the results of my findings in this thread.
    By the way alexong96, is Toy Kingdom the only store here that sells the USB?

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Lucky the guy at that shop was friendly (the guy who caught me)-I became like a customer-friend to a manager-never hit until I realised he wore a better uniform to the other staff...

Even though I never shopped there-I just went along hacking wifi and found them XD

Fair enough looney-once again your the voice of reason and intellect-since I hacked a psp I never needed to hack a wireless access point-especially after this war driving homebrew I found didn't work (turned out it wasn't finished-and to never be continued :( )

9. rebornalone

I don't know anything about how to be a hacker of wi fi or a PSP but the only thing I do when I pick a signal while hunting is to ask the establishment first before using their wi fi.

Well, this day bacame fruitful when I found one location where my DS can access nintendo wi fi. It's in a fastfood named Jollibee in Asturias near Dapitan UST. Their Wi Fi signal is weak and ranges only in the first floor but that 1 bar is enough for me to download the mystery gift in my game and get my friend code. Just remember to buy their food before using it.

I'll still be looking out for different places with wi fi compatible for the DS. If anybody knows any other areas here that have wi fi compatible with the DS, please post it here.

Thanks.

10. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

Try at any Mcdonalds branches, they offer free wifi, I used to stay there

11. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there are others.

12. rebornalone

I doubt all the Mcdonalds branches have wi fi.

Thanks for the reply alexong96, I just wanted to make sure if there were others.

13. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

whenever i want to play online, i usually go to my sister's place, she has free wifi :D

anyway, i really wouldn't recommend CyberZone in SM Megamall, as i tried it there and failed to connect. But i think I got online in Robinson's Galleria.

14. rebornalone

Yeah I heard Robinson's Galleria has free wi fi, I'll see if I can find the signal. But for now, academics first...

15. fluffywuffy03

fluffywuffy03 Member

there's a free wi fi at trinoma's starbucks.xD

16. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

Certainly not all McDonalds branches have wi-fi. There's 2 of them near my home and neither has good wi-fi.
    There's a good hotspot in Shell Station near Magallanes (where Asia Pacific College is). I used to go there and the wi-fi works well. But then why would you bother going there?

If all else fails, or is terribly inconvenient, you can try the most convenient place: YOUR OWN HOME. Buy a wireless router. All you need is a PC and a working internet connection. It's not that hard to install. And from what I hear, routers aren't too expensive.

17. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Routers aren't too expensive, it just depends on what type you buy. The cheapest would be a Wireless B router (don't think you can find those anymore actually), after that would be a Wireless G router (this is what I use), it has a range of about 100 feet i believe.

My linksys G router cost about $25 at a local department store