1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon White R4 SDHC Action Replay Black Screen

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by athene, Jun 6, 2011.

1. athene

athene Member

Hey guy I am new here but I have seen that there is a lot of help going out to new people on these forums, I am running into a problem I can play the game fine, everything loads correctly and it runs smoothly but I want to put some action replay codes in there and play with a few cheats in.

If I ever turn cheats at all Basically The game will just go into a black screen at the start of the the game loading.

So I turn on my NDS and go into cheat menu after which I load lets a 1 or 2 cheats save and exit after that the nds restarts and it goes into a black screen other then this the game loads when I dont turn any cheats on at all.

Any help would be helpful

Flash card I am running is

http://www.r4rts.com/download-en.htm

I downloaded and installed - English Kernel v2.8a

I have got the codes from the Action Replay Code Manager and converted the default.XML that has the Pokemon White Codes and put it into my nds root folder correctly.

Help would be really appreciated it.

2. serhat359

serhat359 Well-Known Member

Download usrcheat.dat form here and see if it works

3. athene

athene Member

I just put that in and with this cheat file I dont even get an option of pressing (Y) to go into the cheat options. Is there something Specific I have to do to bring that option back so I can see if this cheat file works?

edit- I can now see the cheats but its till throwing me a blackscreen, I had to go and modify the usrcheat.dat file so the gameenabled box was ticked :) dont know if this is affecting the loading or not but without this the (Y) button to press doesnt appear for me to load any cheats.

4. serhat359

http://hotfile.com/dl/120015396/289ad23/usrcheat.dat.html

Try this cheat

5. athene

athene Member

It doesnt give me an option of bringing up the cheats at all with that usercheat.dat file should i enable it and try it?

6. serhat359

I found a Wood software for your flashcard:
    http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=25125

Delete _system_ folder, _DS_MENU.dat, _DS_MENU.SYS
    and put all files from the rar and also this to sd card's root

7. athene

athene Member

It gives me an error of

Couldnt find file:
    /_system_/_sys_data/r4i.sys

[​IMG]

edit- thats what is in the root of the sd card

8. serhat359

Hmm sorry it is beyond my knowledge so I cant help you

9. athene

athene Member

Thank you for trying

Is there anyone else out there that might have a fix for this?

10. serhat359

Copy the files I told you to delete to your sd again (including _DS_MENU.dat), turn on your ds, run wood_r4_m3.nds
    and run yout games with the cheats (you must activate cheats from start > settings > Patches > Cheat in game(AR))

If that doesnt work too, I'll admit defeat :)

11. athene

athene Member

Okay that worked but how do you cheat ingame? like how do you select the cheats and stuff

12. serhat359

Normally it should have cheats folder in __rpg but it doesnt.
    put it into __rpg folder, turn on your ds, highlight your game, press Y and there should be a button "Cheats"

13. athene

athene Member

You KIND sir have fixed my issue thank you so much :)

PS: you are a legend :p and on a side note How did you come to the conclusion that the Wood software would work on my sd card and current firmware.

14. serhat359

I am glad it is solved

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701.msg730923#msg730923
    This topic has lots of information about Wood R4