1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon White Game Freeze Route 6

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by NewGen1, Jul 5, 2011.

1. NewGen1

NewGen1 New Member

Help! Every time I go to the scientist and the area around the lab in route 6, the game freezes! I saved there and now the game is freezing every time I try to start it up! It freezes at the screen that shows the current season. I turned off all codes (action replay codes) and it still freezes! Does anyone know which particular code could have done this? Or what I did that caused this? Or what I can do to fix it?

2. OnyxKnight_RupenX

OnyxKnight_RupenX Well-Known Member

dETAILS: what codes? Where did the rom come from, what emulator/settings?

You'll likely have to delete the .ini, .inp or .cht

3. NewGen1

NewGen1 New Member

Would I be on the wrong forum and that this thread would suffer if I was actually having this problem with the actual Pokemon White Cartridge and it would happen with the Action Replay DSi?

The codes are:

infinite health

infinite pp

100% catch rate

catch trainer's pokemon

exp codes: exp x32

unlock codes:

900x inventory item slot 1 (l+r)

900x recovery item slot 1 (l+r)

900x masterballs item slot 1 (l+r)

all berries (press SELECT)

all items (press SELECT)

all consumables (press SELECT)

max money (press SELECT)

9999 BP (press SELECT)

egg quick hatch

wild pokemon are shiny

walk through walls (hold L)

catch any pokemon (the 649 masterballs and 100 ultraballs thing)

Those are all the codes I used. Which one(s) could have possibly caused this?

4. OnyxKnight_RupenX

If you aren't playing the ROM on an emulator, I can't help you.
    Probably the BP one.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

any of them could have, or it could have been a specific combination. Action replay codes are dangerous because they directly modify memory addresses while the game is running, this can result in all sorts of strange/unwanted behaviour, including crashes and corrupt saves.

6. OnyxKnight_RupenX

Loony, he turned them all off and it still froze. Did the save corrupt?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its not impossible.

8. Petu

Petu New Member

Actually, Loony, it is. The same thing happened to me using the ROM, although I wasn't using quite as many codes as him. I found that simply walking around the area (Going a little bit east past the wooden bridge) and moving north and through the trees etc works in getting around the area. It seems like the area with the old man is the issue, not sure what causes the crash. But I've been able to move past him now via wall-walking.

I realize now reading over the original posters thing that he freezes at the season page - in that case I'm not sure how he should fix it. For me it would usually give me a couple seconds before it crashed after loading, so I would simply run away haha

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

The general rule of thumb is don't have so many codes active.

The 100% catch rate is basically all you'll ever need. And this is really just to save time.

Also, if you have 100% catch rate, then what the hell do you need Master Balls and Ultra Balls for?

Item codes will screw up your game somewhere down the line, especially if it's messing with Key Items.

Catching a trainer's pokemon can sometimes bug out if it's a story-dependent NPC, like your Rival or Gym Leader, or N.

You do not need Max Money in this game. You really shouldn't have need to BUY anything during the entire game other than after you've beaten it and want to buy all of the TMs, or mess with Coins.

You also don't need Infinite PP unless you enjoy having movesets that max at 5. They're generally less accurate which makes them inferior to more reliable moves. With x32 EXP, you really don't need the high powered moves that have low PP anyway...

x32 EXP will hurt you when it comes to evolution. Certain pokemon learn specific moves at the very point that they evolve, meaning if you overshoot that level (which with even x2 or x4 EXP, it's possible to do so), your pokemon will not learn that specific move. Have fun farming Heart Scales. You'll also be very EV deficient and you may not even have all of the EVs invested by the time you hit 100, and you'll be very underpowered when it comes to the Battle Tower/Train whatever.

In summary, you're using way too many cheats and I wouldn't be surprised that if you do manage to solve this issue, another one just as debilitating is just around the corner.

The only cheats you'll ever need to use for convenience sake is 100% catch rate and Quick egg hatch.
    Also, stay away from the Infinite Health cheat especially if they use an OHKO move on you. You'll have to reset if they manage to pull one off.

--
    And good job on necroing something that hasn't been posted in a year...