1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon white 2 loading error

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ohmyholy, Sep 8, 2013.

1. ohmyholy

ohmyholy New Member

I just bought an R4i gold card,from r4ids.cn , for my 3ds XL, firmware is the latest WOOD R4 V1.62. I cant load pokemon black 2 and white 2, it always stuck at the "loading" word in red colour. I have tried other games like pokemon black/white, HG/SS and it is fine. The file name for the white 2 is :

1. 6150 - Pokemon - White Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) _apfix (ap patched using ds-scene rom tool)
    2. 6043 - Pokemon - White 2 (v01)(DSi Enhanced) (J)_apfix (ap patched using ds-scene rom tool)
    3. XXXX - Pokemon Volt White 2 v1.1 (USA) (cannot be ap patch)

Additional info:

1. R4i gold 3DS card (original)
    1. Firmware is wood kernel v1.62
    2. 3ds XL version is 5.1.0 - 11U

I know this is a common problem but the threads have too much pages and most of it are probably outdated so i guess i should start a topic instead.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

You get the same error while using clean un-patched games ?

(Note) when using updates like wood R4 you should use 100% clean un tuched games.

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

1. When running rom via WOOD R4, don't use patched rom
    2. Try deleting the existing save file for those games
    3. Don't activate any cheats meant for AP FIX and EXP FIX since your WOOD v.1.62 already has those 2 fixes by default
    4. PKM Volt White 2 v.1.1 of cause don't need any patching. It's already a pre-patched rom. Thus not listed in DS-Scene Rom Tool.
    5. Check if you'd downloaded the rom fully, not a partially downloaded rom. You might want to try download new copy.

4. ohmyholy

ohmyholy New Member

I dont know how to tell which is a clean rom but i assume mine is clean at first because i used the rom tools to ap patch it. And all the files cant work before/after ap patch. Its hard to find a site to download white 2 rom for "free" because most have been taken out or needs to fill some survey

Update: I tried to re-dl a clean rom and still the same problem occurs :(

5. Prectorian

Very likely yes, before the patching, you'd probably downloaded a clean rom (excluding PKM VW 2 v.1.1) since you haven't specify where you got them from (if it was from this forum, it should be clean). Try deleting your save files for those rom named. Make sure your R4i Gold 3ds is up to date and the Wood R4 v.1.62 used is from the cart's site. There might be a need to quick format your SD Micro (do back up your SD Micro files before doing so, and return them all to the SD Micro after formatting). The rom should run if it wasn't partially downloaded, and no faulty/conflicting cheat codes are activated.

6. ohmyholy

ohmyholy New Member

And yes one of the mentioned filename is downloaded here, excluding the VW 2, and i tried formating and updating to wood r4 v.1.62 from the orginal site and still does not work :(

Or does it got to do with my 3ds version? Being outdated lol

7. Prectorian

It could be that your SD Micro has not enough space or the SD Micro class type isn't up to it.
    Given the type of flash cart you have, and the firmware (primary and secondary) are up to date, it should have worked just fine.
    Strange why it doesn't. You probably missed something; probably an information you'd accidentally left out or a method yet to try do or realize.

8. ohmyholy

ohmyholy New Member

Haha yeah strange indeed, i have tried every other method still to no result. My micro sd is kingston with 2gb space, aww looks like i gona go play white instead. Thanks for your help still! :)