1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon video games championships 2010

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by dragneon007, Mar 13, 2010.

1. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Get ready for the Pokemon Video Game Championships, returning in spring 2010 to cities across the globe! IGN is bringing you the latest official rules and regulations --direct from Pokemon!

Returning participants will notice that most of the rules and guidelines are the same as last year, but Pokemon has been working hard to make exciting changes that will make the 2010 Pokemon Video Game Championships better than ever! The new Pokemon Video Game Championships Regulations -- hot off the presses from Pokemon -- are as follows:

Pre-Qualifications:
    -Players may only use Pokemon HeartGold Version or Pokemon SoulSilver Version Game Cards.
    -Players compete in one of two age divisions based on their date of birth.
    o Junior Division: Born in 1998 or later
    o Senior Division: Born in 1997 or earlier

Registering a team:
    -During registration, each player will be required to register a team of 4-6 Pokemon, and 0-6 items. Players cannot change which Pokemon or items they are using once they've registered for the event.

Battle Rules:
    -Battles will take place in the Pokemon Communication Club Coliseum, found on the top floor of the Pokemon Center in Pokemon HeartGold and Pokemon SoulSilver Versions. The tournament will use the Flat Battle and GS Cup rules sets.

Flat Battle
    For a Flat Battle, any Pokemon over level 50 are temporarily set to level 50. This unique battle mode lets you use Pokemon and moves that you couldn't use in modes with a level 50 cap.

GS Cup
    For a GS Cup battle, special restrictions are applied on what Pokemon and items can be used.
    --Uses four Pokemon per team and each player sends out two Pokemon at a time.
    --A player's team may not contain two Pokemon with the same National Pokedex number.
    o Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus cannot be used.
    o Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina can be used, but are limited to two of these Pokemon per team.

--Each Pokemon on a player's team may use held items, though no two Pokemon may hold the same item during battle.
    o The Soul Dew item may not be used.

External Devices:
    The use of external devices to alter the Pokemon in a player's party is expressly forbidden. Players found to have Pokemon that have been tampered with will be disqualified from the event, without exception.

Changes from the 2009 VGC include:

o Players now using Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver Version games exclusively
    o Pokemon Level 51 and higher being automatically graded down to Level 50 for the duration of the battle using a new auto-leveling feature
    + Each Pokemon keeps all of the moves it knew before being adjusted
    + Pokemon that evolve after Level 50 don't devolve
    + Any Pokemon below Level 50 will stay at its current level
    o Virtually every Pokemon found in the National Pokedex of Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions is eligible, including Pokemon traded in from earlier games, with the following exceptions:
    + Arceus, Celebi, Darkrai, Deoxys, Jirachi, Manaphy, Mew, Phione, and Shaymin cannot participate
    + A team cannot contain more than two of Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, and Rayquaza during a battle

Stay tuned for more information regarding the upcoming Pokemon Video Game Championships! Look for details on www.pokemonvgc.com starting March 14th when Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions arrive in stores!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/107/1077260p1.html

Anyone plan on going? and if so what location will this take place? I heard it was gonna be in hawaii, but I don't know.

2. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

"starting March 14th when Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions arrive in stores!"

then you don't have time to train pokemon to lv. 50 (i don't)

3. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I meant, if anyone knows what location this event will take place? last year they held it in different cities across the US and one of them was in dallas texas and ect ect ect, but I'm hoping to actually enter this event if I can find out what city they will have this event, but I heard that it will be held in hawaii only.

Not sure if it's true, but if anyone knows please reply back with a answer.

EDITED tried google and could only find none related answers.