1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon team.

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by klaimore, Mar 23, 2010.

1. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Okay so far I got a cyndaquil lvl 27
    Sudowoodo lvl 21
    heracross lvl 20

I need a flying and water type pkmn. I was thinking of going for mantine. Can it leanr surf and fly? I need a pkmn that can =[
    Opinions?

2. jabstor

jabstor New Member

Mantine can only learn surf not fly, sorry. however if your playing soul silver lugia can learn both and you can get him early on or go for dratini which can learn surf and then when it fully evolves to a dragonite at level 55 it will be avle to learn fly

3. jaimyinthahouse

jaimyinthahouse Well-Known Member

just catch an poliwag

and catch an hoothoot or something...

4. the7eleven

the7eleven Well-Known Member

I usually just catch a Pigey for flying and a Sentret for the HM moves, however I'm unsure whether or not Sentret is able to surf or not. Anyways you can get almost every info you need on www.Serebii.net

5. vegas223

vegas223 Member

i have mew so he can learn any move!

6. Patiaking

Patiaking Member

That link is good, I've been using that website for quite some time now.
    Anyway, if I were you I'd catch a poliwag for surf since his evolve is also a fighting type, which can help you later on.
    As for the flying, just catch a pidgey and evolve it because Pidgeot is pretty good.

7. Akamatsu

Akamatsu Active Member

I caught a Krabby early in the game. It can learn Surf, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, and Strength.

Oddly enough, you don't need Rock Smash to get all 16 badges. I didn't get it until after I beat the Elite Four a second time. (Frickin' 50 hours spent playing).

8. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I guess I'll be going for pidgey and poliwag. Thanks guys.
    Is politoed better than poliwrath? My cousin has a DS as well so we can trade.

9. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Dratini ftw :)