1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon SS and HG freezes when about to cheat on r4ds 1.18

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by soulsilvergirl, Jan 1, 2011.

1. soulsilvergirl

soulsilvergirl New Member

um, firstly, happy new year.
    i have been experiencing this same issue on pokemon soulsilver and heartgold:

I have an R4DS V 1.18. + original R4
    I used cheats on other games and have been having no problems.

However, for Pokemon SoulSilver & HeartGold, whenever I press Y to enter the cheats menu, the top screen remains unchanged, and the bottom screen shows a blank gray color with the title of the cheat file on the bottom. I do not have this problem for any other game.

i have make sure that my game ID code matches the cheat ID code (using r4cce)
    and i have tried deleting all the cheat i dont use with r4cce, and the problem persists, the cheat freezes my screen.

by googling, seems the solutions are just switching to Wood, so i downloaded ver 1.20 and tried (using the usrcheat.dat). but after i turned on the in game cheat into ON and checked the cheat i want from the list, when i load the game the cheat didnt work at all.

is there any way i can use pokemon soul silver and heart gold cheats in r4ds? how can i make it not freezing my screen (diamond, pearl, platinum and lost in blue 3 works fine) whats wrong with my r4ds/cheat.dat?

i really really wish i can have it works in r4ds rather than must switching to wood because all my friends use r4ds. we swap memory cards often and that will be inconvenient to me if i use different system but if it cant, switching to Wood seems to be my last chance; but how to get the cheat not just appear but really works in game?

please those who know how to solve pls help. i know this may sounds much like a noob question but i have done what i can (googling, reading and wandering through forums trying to find the solution) and none works
    so pls help ..... :'(

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Try asking that question here : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=47616.0

3. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

simple awnser, just use YSmenu with latest usrcheat.dat file!
    And for Wood R4, all info ccan be gotten here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=39701

4. soulsilvergirl

soulsilvergirl New Member

oh..okay. thanks coolkiller! :) will try asap :)