1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon SoulSilver save issues

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Renania, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Renania

Renania Member

Because the sticky was closed so I'll post a thread then.

Anyway I downloaded Pokemon Soulsilver (US version) from this forum some time ago and I play it on NO$GBA 2.6a. Other than random crashes I didn't have many problems with the game. However, now that I've beaten Whitney my game crashes as soon as I try to save it.
    It says: rom-image crashed

What can I do to improve this? I haven't used any cheats other than the one to bypass the black screen.

EDIT: I re-downloaded NO$GBA and it seemed to save it fine after that, until I deposited a pokemon and picked up the Spearow with Mail for the guy on Route 35. I don't know how to fix this :/

2. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Theres a huge thread that fixes the problem your having with crashes, but I'm to busy to get you the thread, but seriously read through the pages on the HGSS thread and I think it's around page 7-9 theres a fix for no$gba.( I know because I have mine working 100%) good luck!

3. Renania

Renania Member

I'm well aware of the huge sticky thread at the very top of the thread and read over 10 pages inside it. It contains tons of complaining replies and only a cheatfix for the black screen. There have been no talks about freeze/crashing problems.
    So that's not helping me much

4. Name_n

Name_n Member

because there hasnt been an official fix yet

5. Renania

Renania Member

Well then maybe there is an emulator that does not have issues with the new pkmn game??
    IDeaS was terrible. Couldn't get DeSmuME to work and NeonDS was not much better either. Suggestions??

6. Name_n

Name_n Member

cyclods read the sticky

7. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try activating the RAW on the cheats window.
    If it still not working, try using this prepatched patch.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=34997.0

8. Renania

Renania Member

Thanks for the first helpful suggestion.
    I activated the RAW, but it still crashed. And funnily enough I am using Rudolph's patch

9. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I'm not using any cheatfix... I been playing my US encryted rom with the bios I got from the sticky thread and have had no problems with crashes/black screen or freezes and i'm not even using any cheatfix/ar AP codes...

Also, your threads name is saving issues not fixes for the games freezes/black screen fixes, if you really want fixes just read carefully and try out the links.. oh by the way I'm way past the third gym.