1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pokemon soul silver team problem

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by TheOtherPerson, Apr 2, 2011.

1. TheOtherPerson

TheOtherPerson Active Member

Is it possible to make a team of pokemon that no matter what kind of pokemon your opponent sends out you have a pokemon that is super effective against it?(Without counting the pokemon who have no weaknesses.) If you can do that, in that team, would there be space for espeon(fave pokemon)? If you can do that, would you be able to make that team full of speedy offensive pokemon? All that really matters is the first question and the others are really bonuses. Thanks for your help!

2. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Hmm...really ambitious, aren't you? Well, you could try using Psychic pokemon type(Kadabra etc.,) psybeam always ranges between efective to super-effective(except against dark type, I guess).As of pokemon without no weakness, there's none.Even with wonder guard ability, super effective strikes still do damage.

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

There are three competitive pokemon with no type weaknesses, Spiritomb, Sableye, and Eelektross (with Levitate).

To answer the first post, Ghost/Fighting combination allows for perfect coverage, netting at least a neutral hit on any type, no matter the combination of types. It just so happens that Espeon can utilize the Ghost/Fighting combo using Shadow Ball and Hidden Power Fighting. The only problems with Espeon are that it needs a turn to set up, is Pursuit bait, and is vulnerable to all entry hazards and weather conditions.

Other imperfect coverage combos would be Dark/Fighting (aka. Scrafty), Water/Normal, Electric/Ice (Boltbeam), Ground/Rock, and Dragon/Fire (bar Heatran).

You're probably going to ask, why not just run Ghost/Fighting on everything? That combination is only good for netting a few super-effective hits, while the rest are neutral. Most setups aren't based on neutral hits. The reason we run Hidden Power Grass on certain setups is to net a OHKO on Swampert with x4 the damage. If we were just settling for neutral damage every time, Surf would have been fine on that particular setup. You'll most likely see Ghost/Fighting combinations on boosting setups, like Dragon Dance, Calm Mind, etc. where neutral hits are sufficient in netting OHKOs after a boost.

Speedy offensive pokemon are normally frail and can be revenge killed either with Choice Scarf or priority. I prefer to run bulkier versions of sweepers or bulky pokemon in general. No point in trying to outspeed them, and with Dragon Dance, I not only survive the hit, I outspeed them anyway. Bulky DD Gyarados with Moxie outspeeds just about anything after one Dragon Dance, and with +2, it can only be hit by priority, which thanks to its bulky setup, it can take the abuse.

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Of course it's possible. You can take moves of other types on your pokemon, after all - you're not going to have much success with, say, a Samurott who has Water Pulse/Surf/Waterfall/Aqua Jet. See the above post for a more technical look into it.

5. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

I see.I stand corrected.Thanks for telling that.

6. TheOtherPerson

TheOtherPerson Active Member

Thanks, I'll need all this advice. In my experience, if you don't go to battle frontier with the perfect pokemon, you're screwed.

7. sinnoh2

sinnoh2 Well-Known Member

Duh Hell I beat the battle frontier with my lv 100 magikarp foo splash all the way :D

-sarcasm- xD