1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Soul Silver on the R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bedell09, Aug 12, 2011.

1. bedell09

bedell09 New Member

I know there's a lot of topics on this, but I've been searching and searching and haven't been able to find a clear answer. Plus I'm not the most ROM-savvy person.

So I have an R4 v1.18 (bought it in late '08, I believe) and my game freezes, I'd say, every 15 minutes or so. It only does so when I enter a house/start a battle, and the screen just turns black and the music keeps playing. Needless to say, that doesn't make the game very fun to play. From what I gather, there is some anti-piracy lock in the game that causes it to freeze every x number of events.

Has a patch been released that will make the game playable? I don't care if it still freezes on occasion (ie, every few hours), but right now it's ridiculous. I've seen lots of patches that fix "the black screen problem," but I'm not sure if that's the problem I'm having or some other problem. Plus, I am not sure if it will fix the problem on the R4. Thanks!

2. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

You'll need to get a custom firmware on that card. i recommend you look for the latest WoodR4, install it (very easy)

3. bedell09

bedell09 New Member

Sweet, I just downloaded it. So, after I install the WoodR4 firmware onto my flashcart, is there any specific ROM I need to use to make it not freeze?

Thanks!

4. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

No, whatever rom you used before should be ok. if not, search google for a "clean" or "patched" rom