1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Soul Silver freeze

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by PhantomMan100, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhantomMan100

PhantomMan100 New Member

I just got Soul Silver (I use desmume emulator) But when the girl character finishes jumping about and runs back to tell you how to catch pokemon (after you've done heaps of stuff including getting the pokedex blah blah) the game just freezes! the music and background scenery keeps going, but nothing else happens!!! i have never got the black screen that people seem to get, can anyone help? if not, will the Europe version be rid of these problems?cause i can wait if necessary, just upset cause i was just getting right into it considering how far i had already gotten. Thanks for reading this, i hope you can help me.

2. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

Did you read this yet?
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36094.0

3. TheRealFatShady

TheRealFatShady Well-Known Member

Mine also froze there, and according to the thread linked above my post, it shouldn't have. I am using M3 Real and 4.8x.

It did that a few times, not in the same place twice.

4. raymond2412

raymond2412 New Member

i know why its because pokemon soul silver jap version freeze and usa version freezz its because its patched
    so it is a demo version

5. Lordbleck

Lordbleck Member

It's not a demo version. It is the full version, but they contain Anti-Piracy patches placed there by Nintendo so the game freezes and glitches at certain moments on emulator based on timed intervals and certain places in the game.

6. TheRealFatShady

TheRealFatShady Well-Known Member

Isn't 4.8x supposed to get rid of the AP/work around it? The main thread says it's confirmed working 100%, but it still does frexxe just not at set intervals.

7. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

no wya realy
    i thoght only i hda this porblem
    some1 halp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.
    The Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (U) Release topic is on the top of the page.
    Just scroll down a bit and never speak again.
    :3

8. hennycare

hennycare New Member

Same. I cant find anyway round it. Not sure if others with 4.8 x are needing to replace the arm7 file? as without replacing it still wont let me save. I am however using a G6 card, same firmware though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.