1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon soul silver(Can't advance)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Xgtrickster, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Xgtrickster

Xgtrickster Member

I'm using the latest version of desmume mac. I downloaded soul silver and after going to mr.pokemon's house and leaving the town to go after the gyms, lyra tries to teach me how to catch pokemon but when she goes to talk to me for the second time after going in the grass, she doesn't say anything and nothing happens. It doesn't freeze, its just that nothing happens.

2. Aj1rules

Aj1rules Member

same issue

3. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36094.msg654342#msg654342

4. Xgtrickster

Xgtrickster Member

Already checked it out, nothing reguarding my issue.

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Are you sure you aren't just missing something? An event that you need to trigger by doing a particular action?

6. Xgtrickster

Xgtrickster Member

No, that is the event that is supposed to happen, it just stops progressing and just leaves me unable to do anything.

7. TirithRR

So it freezes? Or can you still walk around and do stuff?

8. Xgtrickster

Xgtrickster Member

It doesn't freeze, i can't do anything, lyra is in front of me and shes suppossed to talk to me but she doesn't but the event does not end either so all i can do is just click on talk even though nothing happens.

9. TirithRR

So it is frozen. No controls work, clicking on anything doesn't work, etc. That's called Freezing.

Save before the event and restart.

10. Xgtrickster

Xgtrickster Member

Re: Pokemon soul silver(Can\'t advance)

I click on "talk" and it shows that it was pressed, so it is not frozen, just the event. I have restarted the event 10 times already before posting this thread, it's not helping anything.
    Post Merge: [time]1268864693[/time]
    Alright i found the solution, to anyone experiencing this problem, save manually before the event, after a few tries it will work.

11. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

I remember seeing this situation on youtube, try watching some of those videos. Maybe that would help?