1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Roms- Patched/Raw

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boyshiny, Aug 27, 2013.

1. boyshiny

boyshiny Member

Hello,

Hope this isn't an overly used topic, and I'm sorry if it's been asked numerous times. I just didn't have much time to check >.<

Looking for reliable source for Pokemon roms (Black, White, Black 2, White 2, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Platinum), and I'm having a lot of trouble finding any. Any good sites I could look through that would help. I play on a R4i Gold 3DS, and my previous copies all failed on me (freezes/can't find my friends in union room)

Please and thanks!

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It amazes me that people still don't understand this simple fact: RomUlation is a ROM site!

3. boyshiny

boyshiny Member

I know, I'm just wondering if there are other sites. o_O
    I didn't mean to bother you >.<

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Why would you look for other sites?
    Our site has the ROMs you're looking for...

5. boyshiny

boyshiny Member

I guess a better question would be:

Do the Roms on here have to be patched using the DS-Scene Rom Tool? Or are they fully patched.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It depends on what you download.
    If they have "PATCHED" in the title, they're patched. If not, well then, they're not.

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Support Topic
    6150 - Pokémon: White Version 2 (EUSA) (frieNDS)
    6149 - Pokémon: Black Version 2 (EUSA) (frieNDS)

The other Black/White ROMs can be downloaded yourself from here and then patched.
    A tutorial can be found here: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=59991.0

7. boyshiny

boyshiny Member

Does Platinum/Diamond/Pearl need to be patched? I remember on a previous playthrough, my platinum kept freezing at one certain point in the game. Might have just been the rom.

EDIT: Just had a look through the links you send me for Black2/White2. The file doesn't seem to exist on any of the links.

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Might be the ROM, might not.
    And yes, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl all need to be patched.

Obviously didn't have a very good look...

6149 - Pokémon: Black Version 2 (EUSA) (PATCHED) (frieNDS) | PutLocker
    6150 - Pokémon: White Version 2 (EUSA) (PATCHED) (frieNDS) | PutLocker

9. TBreaker

TBreaker Well-Known Member

Those games don't need any patch.
    They were released before Nintendo started to add AP into NDS games. HG/SS were the first Pokemon games with AP.
    I think they started with games released in the second half of 2009.

10. boyshiny

boyshiny Member

Might I asked what is needed to patch the games yourself? What language would one need to know. I feel like a complete idiot for asking starting such a stupid thread, would like to redeem myself somehow... maybe I can attempt to make my own patch xD

On a side note, I've just updated the firmware and kernel for my R4, looks like it updated fine however games get stuck @ white screen upon launch.
    I'm redownloading all the games so they're pre-patched. Half the games I attempt to patch (downloaded from the Rom part of this site) don't have updates except for Black/White whilst using DS-Scene Rom tool.