1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Ranger 3 English Rom

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Sri Raj, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Sri Raj

Sri Raj New Member

I am entirely new to ROM modifying. I don't know anything about patches, firmware, kernel, etc. I downloaded the Pokemon Ranger 3 Japanese ROM and tried to patch it with Rudolph's software but the only additional file I get after patching is done is a .bak file. Is it supposed to be like that? And when I upload the ROM I patched to my ds lite, it still comes in Japanese. Please help me get an ENGLISH ROM. And I would be very grateful if anyone gave me a very detailed guide about how to patch the ROM and what files to upload to ds and where to place them.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Rudolph's program doesn't change it to English, it helps with Certain AP. The English version comes out in a few months anyway i think, all you can do is wait for it.

3. Sri Raj

Sri Raj New Member

ok, then i'll wait till the english version comes out. Thanks for helping me
    Post Merge: [time]1284121494[/time]
    i had another doubt. Does the software fix the black screen and save problem in pokemon heartgold/soulsilver?

4. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

what flashcard are you using because i thort all flashcards fixed the pokemon hg+ss problems.

5. Sri Raj

Sri Raj New Member

I use r4 sdhc

6. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

use ysmenu as secondary firmware just put it on the root and put the latest extinfo sav sdhc official firmware is rubbish

7. Sri Raj

Sri Raj New Member

actually, I don't have any idea what you are telling. I just heard the name ysmenu once or twice. Can you please give me a very detailed guide about what to do and how to do it correctly? I would appreciate your help very much.