1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon question, safe to trade?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by The Alpha Gamer, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Alpha Gamer

The Alpha Gamer Well-Known Member

Seeing as Platinum is coming out soon, i'm thinking of downloading the USA version as soon as it comes on here. Will it be safe to trade Pokemon between my real copy of the UK version of Pearl and the rom of the USA version of Platinum?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, i'm new and couldn't find a section for talking about roms

2. Nia_Teppelin

Nia_Teppelin Member

Alpha Gamer, it is my *guess* that it should yes. This being that for all intents and purposes when you run the ROM of a game, you are running the game itself assuming you are running it from a DS (which takes care of friend codes, etc correct?). That being since chances are that this is basically the original game (pearl/diamon) with an extra items/pokemon added in. I would really go so far as to say that you might even be able to import a save game from pearl/diamond into platinum but this is more speculation than anything else.

3. The Alpha Gamer

Yeah i'm using a DS, with an SDHC R4-III Upgrade Revolution for DS.
    And i don't need to worry about friend codes, i'll only be trading locally. It's just my Pearl cartridge has Pokemon on it that i've had for years and i don't want any of my data to screw up or anything

4. Nia_Teppelin

Nia_Teppelin Member

Sorry about that! I had misread what you wanted to do, so I had to edit my post a bit. But if you are trying to move a save file or anything like that which you have had for years I would recommend trying to make a backup first in case anything does go wrong.

5. The Alpha Gamer

I'm not trying to move a save file, i'm talking about trading some pokemon from one version to another

6. Nia_Teppelin

Nia_Teppelin Member

I understand, but I'm suggesting that it would be a good idea to first back your .sav file up since this file contains the pokemon that you have collected in it. That way if the transferring of pokemon goes wrong, or that save file corrupts you do not lose your pokemon. :)

7. The Alpha Gamer

How can i make a back up of a .sav from a proper game card?

8. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

i think there IS a way, but i have yet to figure out how to do it. i read it when i was going through Pokesav's site pages but last i checked there wasn't a lot of detail

9. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Don't you just use a real AR to do it? a real AR can dump and load savegames, that's why gamefaq's had "save game" section on NDS games. (I THINK!!!)

10. rush n kaos

action replay? i meant without any add-ons that you have to buy (like that)

edit: found something... so it looks quite complicated to back up save files from legit cards...

11. The Alpha Gamer

I have no idea where to get a slot-2 flash card. i do already have an Action Replay cartridge though

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The Alpha Gamer, yes it will be fine to transfer between the two.

13. The Alpha Gamer

You're sure? Have you done it before?

14. rush n kaos

yep. i have a retail cartridge of Pearl, and once i figured out how to use Pokesav and realized my slot-2 couldn't run homebrew (for backing up the retail card's save) i made stuff onto my R4, and used my neighbour's DS to trade them over to the retail card. it doesn't damage, corrupt, whatever, to your system, not to my knowledge

besides, the data on a ROM and the actual game are the same. the ROM is just the game without the cartridge i think

15. rave88

rave88 New Member

when pokemon platinum USA version able to download in this site

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

now

17. Skane

Skane Well-Known Member

LOL Beasted. I got it :)
    Romulation FTW

18. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

rush yes, just the image from the physical copy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.