1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pokemon platinum

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by nickydsi, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickydsi

nickydsi Active Member

my son is on pokemon platinum, the problem is last night i spent 1 1/2 hours underground trying to find a fossil for him (cranidos), and during that time not 1 fossil did i find.

the other thing is hes using his dsi with a R4i card with the V14 on the front cover. on his dsi i already have set up his wifi, when playing on the platinum ive tried setting up the wifi and it wont let me, and so cant get in to the wifi tower to see if i can swap a pokemon for him as i cant find a fossil for him for cranidos.

Please help me some one, my son is 9 and is Autistic and hes about to go loopy at his dsi because of this.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Problem one.

The fossil's are very rare to find, you do know about cracking at the walls right?

You'd find junk more than fossils.

Problem 2.

Some people have reported issues with platinum's wifi, some cards work fine and some don't, you might just be unlucky.

3. nickydsi

nickydsi Active Member

problem 1 im underground and when i find a flash on the wall i start digging but only find the stones and stuff like water stone, so whats the cracking at the walls???

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Never mind, the cracking is what I meant XD

Fossils are VERY rare, I was there for a week until I found my own fossils.

So..persistance is key.

5. nickydsi

nickydsi Active Member

i have set up wifi on my sons dsi and has been working on other gamesand the ndsi shop.

im about to set up the wifi on his r4i sdhc card.

once ive donr that di i need to set the wifi up on the platinum at the start screen as well???
    Post Merge: [time]1264842452[/time]
    well i was going to just went on the rolling ball on the R$i menu and its come up saying WIFI cennecting fail, please configure correct WIFI settings

so how do i do that???
    Post Merge: [time]1264843230[/time]
    it says here https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=17491.0 that If you're trying to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi on your DS OR DS Lite (Not DSi because it accepts any encryptions) and there is a gray lock, here is a few steps

so im really getting confused at it all please some one help me for my son

6. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

Start you Pokemon Platinum/Pearl/Diamond game and instead of picking "continue" select " nintendo wifi settings" once there touch the large blue square that says "nintendo wi-fi connection settings" ,next touch one of the connections box (connection 1, 2 or 3), next touch "search for an access point" then touch on your wifi network's name and have it test the connection, save the settings and you should be good to go. for what i can tell you have to do this in at least one wifi game and the settings are kept on the flashcard (R4, acekard etc) because when i switched to acekard 2i i had to redo them but when i swapped microsd"s cards on my R4 the settings were there. Add my friend code 2020 8374 3061 on the pal pad (BAG-> key items-> pal pad-> use-> register friend code) i can give you a cranidos (you have to give me your friend code too so we can trade).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.