1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pokemon platinum wifi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shoryuken, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoryuken

shoryuken Member

for some reason my pokemon platinum's wifi does not work at all. Everytime i go into gts, the game gets to the connecting screen and just stays there. Sooner or later the game just kicks me out. I checked my wifi on other games and it works completely fine. I really dont know why it isnt working, i downloaded the rom from romulation, and it seems that the wifi is working for other people. This also has happened on my pokemon diamond rom. I dont know if hacks are he problem for this or if it is the rom itself. I checked the trade station forum and saw a working wifi pokemon platinum rom, however, it creates a completely new save file. I also tried changing my original platinum save file name to the new one. It loaded the game properly but the wifi still wouldnt work. I have no clue what to do because one of the main reason i downloaded this game was for the wifi, but it seems that isnt going to happen.

p.s Mods if i put this in the wrong section, can you please move it for me? Sorry i really dont use the forums much

2. armada92

armada92 Member

did you do anything to the rom before you put it onto your ds? i know that if you patch certain games in certain ways, the game's wifi won't work

3. shoryuken

shoryuken Member

i didnt patch it, i just downloaded it from the site

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

what flashcart are you using?

5. shoryuken

shoryuken Member

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I thought that game wouldn't work on the R4 unless patched? Did you download the clean ROM from the downloads portion of the site, or did you download a pre-patched ROM from the trading station?

7. shoryuken

shoryuken Member

i downloaded the clean version

8. armada92

armada92 Member

That's weird because I have played wifi on my r4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.