1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum - WiFi not working.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ReconUnit, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReconUnit

ReconUnit New Member

I'm using R4DS and the Xenophobia Rom. Everything works in the game, I can save, blah blah.

But anytime I try to access Wifi, particularly at the GTS, the game just freezes, goes black, and makes a consistent noise.

>.< Help?

Thanks.

2. i have thesame by pokemon pearl dude:p just try another timexD...

3. ReconUnit

ReconUnit New Member

So it will work eventually if I keep trying?

4. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Settings correct, works with other games?

6. bardik_vox

bardik_vox Member

I'm also having this problem and all my settings and such are fine. I can get into the GTS and get as far as the room where you can pick battle and trade and what not in global wi-fi, when I begin trading though, the game freezes up and I'm met with constant noise.

7. Stug

Stug New Member

same problem as above poster. any ideas?

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

9. bardik_vox

bardik_vox Member

I had a look over those common issues a couple of times. Unless platinum needs arm7 or something, then I'm not sure what else is up. I've had zero hassle with every other game I've been running. It seems to me that lots of people are having trouble with the pokemon platinum rom in some form or another. Bad ROM perhaps?
    I can save fine, nothing is choppy or anything and I can even use the GTS. I get as far as the contact room for global wifi though, up to the point that I can actually interact with the other person, but as soon as I trigger trading, the game itself freezes and I can't soft reset or anything. I've followed the m3wiki instructions on writting the ROM too, unless perhaps they aren't with wifi in mind?

10. bardik_vox

bardik_vox Member

11. bardik_vox

bardik_vox Member

Anyone else having such problems, or just as importantly; is everyone else having success?

12. Majextic

Majextic New Member

Well, a day or two after it got dumped, I managed to get on, and put a Wooper up, but I've yet to be successful with the GTS again.

13. bardik_vox

bardik_vox Member

Another bump. I managed to use GTS no problems again today. It's just person to person interaction over global wifi that refuses to work.

14. matthew.villa

matthew.villa Well-Known Member

hi

i went to the gts and tired to connect my ds to my router and when i test connection i get 2 bars then they just go.

any help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.