1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum Save Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Suba, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Suba

Suba New Member

Hello! Nice to meet you all. I searched for other topics in relation to this- here and on other places- but have yet to find a solution to my problem.

I have Pokemon Platinum [USA] on my M3 DS Simply. Originally I had firmware from...aeons ago, I think, and it played the game just fine. However, I got Pokemon White yesterday [from here, in fact] and so installed R4 Wood.

My problem is...when I load up Platinum (primarily to trade my pokemon off to a friend, to get them onto White), it starts up a new game every time. I have checked the files several times. They have the same names- there is also a *.nds.sav and a *.sav file. So the files are there! But the game just refuses to boot it up.

I have read other places...something about the file size corrupting it. I don't know. I don't really understand it? The save files are 512KB. If it is a size error that is corrupting it, is there a way to fix it without losing my data? I have several important pokemon that are rarer [and achieved without AR or anything], so I would like to do my best to keep them?

Thank you very much in advance.

2. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

512KB is not corrupted by size hm.... interesting

3. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

no, are you trying to save stuff from an AR device for the DS, if you then i might have a solution for you

4. Suba

Suba New Member

I couldn't say for sure? I'm new to this.

Originally I played Pokemon Platinum on my M3 DS Simply, with it's original firmware from like..2008 or something, I think. But I upgraded to the R4 Wood firmware just a couple of days ago. Still an M3 DS Simply card, though.

5. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

ok >__>

sorry, sounded like you might have been using an AR device to backup a save from a retail cart to use, sorry about the mix-up there