1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum .SAV file not working

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by newa80, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newa80

newa80 Member

I have been trying to download Pokemon Platinum but when I try to extract the .RAR file it creates a .NDS file but no .SAV file. When I then try to open the game on the DS I can't because it needs the .SAV file. It gives me the option on the DS to create a .SAV file but then the game still wont work. Any help you can give me to sort the problem would be appreciated. Please note that I'm new to downloading games onto the R4 so could be something simple thatI'm doing wrong! Thanks..

2. neim81094

neim81094 Active Member

dude even though this sounds stupid, try making ur own .sav file, or just download one off the internet and make sure to start a new game

3. newa80

newa80 Member

I have created one using the DS but the game still wont work, is there another way I cancreate one?
    Post Merge: [time]1247775290[/time]
    It says on screen 'The save data could not be accessed'...

4. neim81094

neim81094 Active Member

that never happened to me... i just downloaded it today, wat flash cart r u usin? as it could always be in the root, ur firmware is out of date(i use tti)

5. newa80

newa80 Member

It's a 'T-Flash' card but no idea whether it's out of date??
    Post Merge: [time]1247775702[/time]
    So when you extract the .RAR files onto the flash card does it just create the .NDS file, or does it also create the .SAV file at the sametime?

6. neim81094

neim81094 Active Member

lol just to make sure ur supposed to put the.nds file in the rar to ur mem, not the rar itself, just makin sure, i just dragged the rom in, when i started my ds, it was visible, and i had no probs,does it actually come with a .sav file? if it does u should prob put that in ur mem to, but, if u want, do u want my copy of platinum?

7. newa80

newa80 Member

I have extracted the .NDS fiel from the RAR and saved on the flash drive then tried the R4 in the DS. The game wouldn't open because it was missing the .SAV file, the DS then let me create a .SAV file but the game still wouldn't open. Is it possible for you to send me a copy of Platinum?
    Post Merge: [time]1247776947[/time]
    Also what do you mean by 'dragging the rom in'?

8. neim81094

neim81094 Active Member

draggin the rom in? i simply mean just click the rom that u want(aka platinum) and just put it into the root of your microsd card. to check if ur firmware is up to date, search ur flashcart and look for the official page, that website should have the updates, if needed
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AUMXZ6V5

thats platinum, i hope it works bro :)

9. newa80

newa80 Member

Thanks, will give it a go!

10. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If you really are using an R4 (not a clone), you should not have this problem with the latest firmware.
    The .SAV files are automatically created right when you start the game, regardless of you actually saving data.

11. newa80

newa80 Member

I am using an R4 (not a clone) but i'm not sure whether I have the latest firmware, but not sure how to check.
    Post Merge: [time]1247778998[/time]
    Neim, I've downloaded the game from the link you provided but still having the same problem - the .SAV file is created when starting the game but still wont open, saying 'The save data could not be opened. Please turn off power and reinsert the DS game card'.

12. neim81094

neim81094 Active Member

shoot bro... try to do wat i said b4, google the official r4 website,(or w/e flash cart u have) and it should have the latest firmware, hope wil not b lost!

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You can actually deny the request to create a save file though. Although, not creating one will probably not allow you to get past the splash screens.

14. neim81094

neim81094 Active Member

ok bro i just found this in the forums, i dont know if it works, but if u have the r4 it should work

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=16350.0

15. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

The best way to get the right firmware that's up to date is to go to www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds . Download the latest one for the R4 and use that. The link for the patched version will probably work, but it's best to update your firmware too as it's pretty simple, and means more games will work without patching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.