1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum - Route 212 and Great Marsh

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by moonep, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonep

moonep New Member

Hello, I just recently restarted my Pokemon Platinum game cause I had nothing better to do and so far I've found 2 places in the game that freeze it every time I approach it.

On route 212, below Hearthome City, I can go to the pokemon mansion (though he doesn't tell me about his rare pokemon, which could be I haven't done something required to trigger that yet or the game is messed up on that account too), but I can't go any farther south. Also, I cannot go onto the route heading West from Pastoria City. It's not a required part of the game, but it is rather obnoxious that I can't go hunt for pokemon or battle the trainers there.

Also, I noticed that if I go into the Great Marsh, which is in Pastoria City, the game freezes as well. The first time it let me look through the binoculars and I went in and I froze in one of the areas, and the second time it froze while I was looking through the binoculars to see what pokemon were in the marsh.

I haven't finished the game completely yet, I still have the last couple badges to get, so I'm not sure if there are other trouble spots yet but I'm really curious why this is happening.

I know there's just problems in general and risks you take when you download the games, but I didn't have any problems going through it the first time. At least not that I noticed.

If anyone has any idea's that can help me please let me know, cause while this is annoying I doubt I'll restart the game yet again just to see if it would fix the problems. I can live with it if it comes down to it.

Thank you all for you help,
    moonep

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try backing up and format your MicroSD/media.

3. moonep

moonep New Member

O.O I read to try that in the - read first - section, which I did read first, but I thought I'd try asking for other options in case it didn't work while redownloading the firmware for my cyclods evo.. but that worked right off the bat. XD I just got into route 212 without a hitch.

Thanks Ana! <333

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.