1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pokemon platinum rom problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yinai, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinai

yinai Member

i have a ncard and i recently downloaded the u.s. pokemon platinum rom. it played and worked until when i saved and turned off. next time i turned on, the save did not load and started all over again. i just checked a few minutes ago and i'm positive that i have the latest firmware. i have tried several times each time changing the save settings and end up with the same result. and all my other games worked fine including chinatown wars. is it just the ncard or is there some way i can fix it?

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

3. yinai

yinai Member

i checked the common issues page out and it still didn't help me. like i said i have the latest firmware and it did not give me a warning or error code or anything. it just started over from the beginning.

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You may need to switch over to YSMenu (search).

5. ShadowAmaranth

ShadowAmaranth New Member

Sorry for bumping this, but the OP has a similar problem to mine. (Don't worry, I've read the rules. =x) I had to go register to post a reply to this topic.

Anyway, my cousin's Ncard has the US version of Pokemon Platinum rom and is playable. The only issue is that it will not save the game. It has the latest firmware and menu (v. 1.45 for firmware and 2.55 for menu). I've tried redownloading the ROM but that doesn't work. I also tried ARM7 patching it but I wonder if I'm taking a step backward when it made my game inoperable, giving the error "Unable to access save data". I did the ARM7 patch thing three more times before I had to undo everything. (I didn't want to mess up my cousin's NCard badly.)

Also, the last poster posted something about YSMenu, and I'm curious as to what it is and how it works. I tried installing it but I don't know if there is a way to install it for NCards. I looked at gbaTemp but they don't exactly have instructions for NCard users...

I don't know what else to do and if anyone can help, thanks a lot!

6. pinklady23

pinklady23 Member

Hi

I`m playing pokemon platinum on NO$GBA my nds cardridg backup is 512 kb bytes.
    I`ve 2 badges and my save file is still working.

Hope it works for you

greetings pinklady23

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.