1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon platinum not working properly

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ssj, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssj

ssj New Member

Put it on my R4 and its working but isnt saving. I did create a save file. Tried downloading it from a different site but had the same problem. I am using a 1.gb sd card

Please help

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

update your R4 firmware

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,1462.0.html

4. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Try updating your firmware by going here : http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/R4_v1.18_English.zip You'll automatically download the newest firmware for your R4. Then update it. :)

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Well, you can't claim we aren't helpful, even though three of us posted the same thing within 1½ minutes. :p

6. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was annoyed when I saw the "Someone posted while you were reading" warning twice. :p

7. ssj

ssj New Member

still not working on 1.19

maybe its because its a leaked rom? I should wait until saturday to see if someone uploads another

8. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

The uploaded ROM doesn't matter, if your flashcart can't play it with the latest firmware, then there's nothing to do about it (except waiting for a newer firmware).

I'm downloading and I'll play it on no$gba, if it saves, then it's not the ROM.

EDIT: Nope, my no$gba version plays it just fine. Either your card or your MicroSD. What brand is you memory card?

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's usually only the MicroSD if it freezes. And plus, he's using an R4, not an emulator. Also the latest is 1.18.

10. Yami-Myuutsu

Yami-Myuutsu Member

Hi, I have some problems with the rom of Pokemon Platinum too, I'm using the Cyclo DS Evolution, it can save the game, but when I try to use the GTS or the computers of the battle recorder inside the building of the GTS the game freeze, please help :'(

11. anandjones

Try backing up all your data and reformat your MicroSD.

12. Yami-Myuutsu

Yami-Myuutsu Member

I did it, and nothing, I forgot mention that sometimes I can access at the computers at the GTS, but when I try to use another computer in the GTS the game freeze, this only happens on the GTS, but in the Pokemon Center Basement I can use the Wi-Fi with no problems

13. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

I know, but he was claiming it was the ROM, but if the ROM worked on an emulator, then the ROM was fine.

As Anand said, if it freezes, it might be the MicroSD card. What card are you using?

14. anandjones

Probably not fast enough for Platinum's tastes.

15. Yami-Myuutsu

Yami-Myuutsu Member

I'm using a Japanese MicroSD Kingston 4GB

16. anandjones

Okay that should be fast enough. Maybe try updating your firmware at http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ds/?

17. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that should do it.

18. Yami-Myuutsu

Yami-Myuutsu Member

But I have the last firmware, the 1.5 BETA 3.

19. anandjones

But that's BETA, meaning it's still not a stable release, so use a older stable firmware.

20. Yami-Myuutsu

Yami-Myuutsu Member

I found the reason which I can't access to the GTS on tha Pokémon Platinum rom, it's the game speed, I think the game is emulated 5 or 10% more than usual and when I try to the GTS it can't process the data at that speed, this I discovered when I drop the game speed at 50% using the in-game menu of the Cyclo DS Evolution and when I try to enter to the GTS I can enter with no problems, only I wonder if there are a AR code to drop the game speed to a 90-95%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.