1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum Lag on DSTT

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by danny905, Mar 14, 2010.

1. danny905

danny905 Member

hey, this is my first post here :) I searched on the forums and got no results and i am hoping this is the correct place to post...
    so i'm relatively new to ROMS and emulators but i wanted to give them a go. my GF bought me a DSTT card and some accessories for my Nintendo DS Lite on valentines day as she knew i wanted one, and everything is working fine except from one game. i have tried numerous ROMS but i always get lag on pokemon platinum version, especially in the backpack. does anyone know any reason or if there is a fix for this? thanks :3

TL;DR

Basically i lag on pokemon platinum on my DSTT Cartridge, especially in my backpack. i have tried numerous roms but it the problem is consistent

2. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

What exactly is your problem? Is the game not working or is it just slow? And have you tried updating your firmware to 1.17a12?

3. Alithepro1

Alithepro1 Well-Known Member

firmware update always work !

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

1.17a12 like previously stated, and using the latest infolibs (which speed up loading time from the MicroSD).
    http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsma/

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

More updated infolib.dat and extinfo.dat

http://loda.jp/dsm/

6. TirithRR

I wondered why my old link didn't have any updates since the end of last year :)

7. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

The link was on that old site it just sed レンタルのアップローダー in blue, i click on it to see where it would take me, found out by mastake...

8. danny905

danny905 Member

i have tried all the above and the problem wont go away. maybe it could be a problem with my card? although i dont lag on any other game. is there a patch for this?

thanks

9. TirithRR

No, there is no patch. It's an issue with the Card/MicroSD.

10. danny905

danny905 Member

thing is, why would it only lag in the backpack? it very rarely lags anywhere else, like the odd jerk when switching routes ect.

11. TirithRR

Probably has something to do with the way it's accessing data from the MicroSD.

You could try backing up all your files, and formatting your MicroSD with this formatting program.
    http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/

Restore the files to your MicroSD afterwards and try again.

12. danny905

danny905 Member

thankyou, i will try this now and edit my post with results :)

13. vince995

vince995 Well-Known Member

if my problem is about the graphic..
    the graphic is black , but the sound is still working ( usually after battle with a trainer)
    is there anybody wants to help me..

14. danny905

danny905 Member

formatting my memory stick didn't work I'm afraid, i guess ill just be keeping out of my backpack as much as possible lol