1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum (J) and (U) - Compatibility Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Galdr Chant, May 27, 2010.

1. Galdr Chant

Galdr Chant Member

I'm actuallynot using an emulator to play either of the versions of the game, however, the Action Replay DSi seems to be compatible with running homebrew games on it using the MicroSD slot, which can be inserted from the left side.

In the manual, it says, that if the game file is compatible with the ARDSi, a "soccer ball" icon will appear next to the game file. Apparently, Pokemon Platinum (J) NDS had the icon next to it, however when I selected it, (from my SD card), it started up. Though the screen flicked and turned all white. I had assumed this was because of the international issue (the ARDSi is USA and the ROM file is Japan).

(I've also attempted this with SoulSilver (J) and encountered the same issue)
    So, I've tried to use the USA version of Pokemon Platinum, and still encountered the same issue.

My question becomes is, how can I make either versions of the game compatible with the Action Replay DSi?
    Must I purchase a flashcart in order for this to work? (I'm trying to avoid such the option since I cannot afford it)
    Also, do I need to convert the games as a Save file, a DUC file? (I've honestly no idea how)

I'm also using my Nintendo DS Lite, and Transcend MicroSD. Thank you in advance for any help.