1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum English

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by tamafern, Mar 17, 2009.

1. tamafern

tamafern New Member

The rom is on the ds download page but is it really completely english?
    Same with GTA:CW
    :) thanx

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Of course it is, we put up clean ROMs always, that means no patching at all. So if we say it's English then it's English.

4. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

does this, by any chance, have any differences with Pokemon Pearl? pearl just bored me to death.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes indeed. Quite a few. http://www.serebii.net/platinum/changes.shtml

6. loveappless

loveappless Member

how is this already downloadable when it hasnt even been released in stores? O_O

7. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

They are just good like that. <3

8. lester2020

lester2020 Well-Known Member

The file was released four days before the released date. For those who are new to Platinum. Platinum is an expansion version of both diamond and pearl. With more details on Cyrus and secrets from Giratina and Shaymin. It's better than Diamond and Pearl, means Dialga and Palkia can be caught in one game.

9. zangief

I've played Pokemon Red like years ago, and at first i was so hooked on it, but it eventually grew stale on me.

Then pearl was released and i tried it again, and the same thing happened. Played for a while, but got bored later on.

It seems that I've outgrown the game's concept, and after the hype (for me) died down, i will eventually drop it without even going halfway.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could talk me into playing this game, because for all i know, i might be missing something that others find really epic, like the other guy from another thread who asked us what the fuss with TWEWY was all about, and then after someone explained it to him, he got hooked.

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The sad truth is that there really isn't anything new, it's just more of the same with more details, more pokemons and more items etc. Battles still work the same and all that. The story line hasn't even changed from the Pearl/Diamond release.

11. Datanotfound

Datanotfound Well-Known Member

Seph speaks the truth.

Unless you're a diehard pokemon fanboy, there isn't much of a reason to play this game.

12. zangief

that's sad, it was actually one of those games that could be very very addicting, and could probably contend as one of the best of all-time if they just tried to innovate the game, even just little by little.

but i'll still check the game out and give it a fair shot before passing judgment.

p.s. i tried my best to get myself hooked to Dragon Quest V, but it didn't happen. oh well, i tried.

13. Nintendude92

Nintendude92 Well-Known Member

The game has enough new things to make it awesome in my book.

Slightly new story (and torn world) are very well done. Difficultys upped, and new/revamped facilities interest me.

14. loveappless

loveappless Member

Do you know if you can trade from Pearl/Diamond to Platinum? and vice-versa?