1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum English Translaion Patch!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Luckkill4u, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u Member

Hey, i was surfing the internet and found a Translation Patch for pokemon Platinum Version!
    so far i cant get it working, but many other people got it working so why not you guys try it out.
    Here is the url: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=104920

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Pretty pointless, since there's going to be an English version coming out soon enough.

3. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u Member

In febuary...

4. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

It's not pointless... Some fans, I know, are curious to enjoy Pokemon Platinum before anyone else, and since the US release is "early 2009" more power to them for making the translations. The same thing happened with FFT A2 this year.
    Anyways, in the meantime I'll be trying out this language patch.

5. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I'm a Pokemon Fanatic, but I don't think that its gonna be worth it to break the nostalgia and get it early... waiting would make it better.

6. 1Blacks1

1Blacks1 Well-Known Member

ye Fully agree with you. Its Good to wait and get Hungry For the Game than to break the Temptation now

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

When the FFTA2 patch came out, there wasn't even a release date for the US yet.
    FFTA2 had well over 6 months of use. I uploaded a translation patch of FFTA2 4 months ago and that was in the late stage of translation.

Anyway, I'm still getting this regardless of the short amount of time until release and the crash bugs that the author was talking about.

8. anandjones

Still, this would probably ruin the pokemon experience for you if you are indeed new to playing the series.

9. Killua Zaoldyeck

Killua Zaoldyeck Well-Known Member

i heard that there will be new legendary pokemon in pokemon platinum...

called darkrai... or is just an issue??

2009??? that's too long....

10. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

...Less than half a year.

11. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u Member

No almost half a year...

12. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

[facepalm]

"Almost half a year" means the same thing as "less than half a year"...

13. anandjones

Good job B2k. There is no new legendary as far as I know, the main legendary in this is Giratina (found in D/P) I believe.

14. CJneeds6characters

CJneeds6characters Well-Known Member

Darkrai was in D/P but you needed a nintendo event (or cheating)

Giratina is the main legendary with two forms.

They sorta added a couple new legendaries which are rotoms other formes (if that counts), and if it's gonna be released in less than half a year than it's gonna be released way sooner than some other games

out of topic..... is the face-palm romulation official ... um ... sign?

15. Reider

Reider Modereider

Nah, its just some fun thing loony added since it can convey a message in some situations better than words. :p

16. dark.faerie

dark.faerie Well-Known Member

i got it last night - if you know your pokemon diamond/pearl well enough, then Platinum should be quite easy even in Jap. (lucky for me i wanted to learn Jap anyway so this worked out well, hehe)

17. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i wish the english version come out tomorrow.... waiting for the game is kindda killing me XD

18. dark.faerie

dark.faerie Well-Known Member

I nearly had a heart attack - i kinda didnt read the "i wish" and froze ><
    and then i realised that the english version isnt actually coming out tomorrow ... the end XD

19. Quintafeira12

Quintafeira12 Active Member

Is it me or the guys making Pokemon simply exagerated on the number of legendarys?
    I mean, if people didn't have enough already, they are now going to make alternate forms of existing ones in platinum and making several event only be normally catchable.

There still seem to be many bugs in the patch, specially including dialog as the story goes. I wonder if I should download it now or wait another month for a more recent version of the patch. I can just rename the save file acording to the patch and it will work from where I left my previous game anyways, so this is something I can do anytime.

20. 3dd13

3dd13 Well-Known Member

the more (legendarys) the better!!! and they should make leveling your pokemon. off subject did you know the music in gold/silver/crystal was actually fanmade!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.