1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum coming out

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by anandjones, Apr 22, 2008.

1. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Good news for all the Pokemon fans out in QJ land. We've finally picked up official word on the latest happenings in the Pokemon videogame world, and it seems there's a new game slated to come out this year.

The game, known as Pokemon Platinum, now has an official site. While not much information is available at present, the teaser site does make it clear that we'll be seeing a new form for the Giratina, known as the Origin Form.

In any event, the game is slated for a fall release. Those interested in deciphering the Japanese language on the website can follow the link below to see the teasers. Otherwise, enjoy these pictures we've acquired from the teaser site.

http://ds.qj.net/Pokemon-Platinum-announced-for-the-DS-slated-for-fall-release/pg/49/aid/120130
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. joshthesim

joshthesim Active Member

Re: Rumor: Nintendo readying new Pokemon title

Repetition repetition repetition.

Oh, and overrated.

Fingers crossed they stay as rumors.

3. anandjones

They may be rumours, but it's a high chance Nintendo will make new games for the main franchise.

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well i certainly hope it stay as a rumour.......but if it would be true......i might not able to hold back my urge as a Pokemon fans.....even now i'm still waiting for Megaman Zerker X Ninja to release

5. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

It's gonna be Opal :) Opal=Giratina :D

I'm hoping that they'll do teh forgotten region as a remake, AKA:JOHTO

6. calvin_0

Giratina sucks...i want Arceus >.<

ya, i totally agree...they better remake Johto region (including Latios and Latias island)......but i perfer IF we can cross region this time.....

7. anandjones

Yes like in Crystal, Gold, Silver.

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

What if we send an ANGRY LETTER!

to the pokemon creators, demand a version where you travel from region to region, and to make things harder, when you travel to a new region, your old pokemon stay in the region they were caught in

EX Kanto:you ahve liek 128 pokemon, then you switch to Johto, you can't get them while you are in johto, you need to make a new party, and a neww collection of pokemon, until you pass the Elite four, then after that, Hoenn, leave your pokemon in johto, and start a new adventure in Hoenn, then whatever

That's not all!

You get to CHOOSE YOUR STARTING REGION! and you can only get your previous pokemon by beating the elite four in each region to unlock the new "Communication system" to get your pokemon

Someone say what I'm explaining is clear, or just clarify it, I think it's too vague

I'm okay if I have to wait five years for this type of game, and I'll hope it'll be handheld...

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Of course they've already started developing it, they probably started before they even released diamond/pearl. Just like Microsoft was working on Vista before XP was released, just like PHP is working on PHP 6 before PHP 5.3 is released and just like I have a RomUlation for soon and one for in the far future. That's just how software development go, you almost always have something you want to do but which would take quite a while, so you put it for the version next time.

10. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

Plus, with the way pokemon sells, they have no reason to wait to release. Its one of the most popular franchises in America, and I guess its popular in Japan. And considering how the games have been the same thing over and over again, its shouldn't be too hard to make the next one.

11. G.C

G.C Well-Known Member

Yeah I Heard About This, I Hope Its A Proper Pokemon Game Like Diamond And Pearl, Not Like Pokemon Dash, Pokemon Ranger, And All Them Other Ones.. What I Want Is A Gold And Silver Remake, But Yeah..

12. calvin_0

and this time, Please put ash in side, i want to pwn him XD

13. the odd ronin

the odd ronin New Member

Hmm, your idea intrigues me...

14. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

As long as i can migrate all 400+ pokemon in the new one im happy. PS yellow is the best. Yay surfing Pikachu

15. halohanh

halohanh Well-Known Member

Well, I remember that Nintendo are making a third Pokemon somewhere but about 50% the rumors are true

16. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

I say they make it where pokemon are illegal and instead of the usual training, you smuggle them and have them fight in the basements of bars. Also you're in the projects and can shoot people.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I say make pokemon illegal IRL. It's gone on too long.

18. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

It's gone on too long because It's so good :D

19. calvin_0

but the storyline still havnt change since Red >.<

New trainer start -> Meet Rival -> Get Pokedex from professor -> Beat some gym leader -> Meet the bad guys -> Beat some more gym leader -> save the world from bad guy -> beat the rest of the gym leader -> beat elite 4 -> capture the rest of the pokemon to complete the pokedex

20. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Or we can have a version that goes by the show, where people join you, think of it like FF but with pokemon, and you control your pokemon in battles, giving strategies, and having ways to combine attacks, in addition to my previous idea post :D