1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum and Pokesav

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by insanecrazy07, Sep 11, 2008.

1. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Just to let you guys know, pokesav does NOT work with platinum just yet.

A sort of way around this is to trade one of your platinum pokes to another game, copy the information like secret ID and stuff, create yourself a lv 100 false swiping pokemon (gallade is best with mean look, false swipe, and a sleeping move) and you'll be set for catching stuff.

Trade it with an exp share since I don't know if they changed movesets on all of the pokemon (like they did in yellow and crystal, and possibly emerald)
    For example, pikachu in yellow didn't learn the same moves as in red or blue.

2. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Pretty obvious Pokesav isn't compatible with Platinum. Good tip though.

4. anandjones

Update, Pokesav is now compatible with Platinum.

5. insanecrazy07

Thanks for the update.
    You sure are on top of things Anand.

6. anandjones

Nope just from GBAtemp :p

7. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

However, it's Japanese only, but if you know the previous interface, then there's no problem.

8. insanecrazy07

The movesets and natures etc. aren't translated and when I go to save it and play it, my name is changed to ??? and the Pokemon's names are screwed up as well.

I might have to install that japanese language pack after all.

PS: I hate nicknaming my pokemon, even if it's just the english name on a japanese poke.

9. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

When do you think the english release is coming out for Platinum? Because Im desperate to play it

10. anandjones

Probably soon enough, it was released not that long after Platinum came out so..

11. gladiator

gladiator Well-Known Member

sorry i forgot the pokesav website could you tell me please if its ok with you

12. anandjones

http://www.pokesav.org/

13. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

lol that was a simple answer... anyways it seems that the full (?) English version has come out woohoo

14. DragonQuester

yeah it definatly will sometime in 2009

15. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

No, he's saying the pokesav English version is already out. http://www.pokesav.org/main/pokesav-platinum-version-006-plus-english-translation. Not sure if it's full though.

16. DragonQuester

what does the pokesav do anyway? is it just a saved part of the progress in Pokemon Platinum?

17. anandjones

Edits basically everything, like stats, items etc.

18. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

It's basically the most powerful cheating tool for Pokeomn Diamond and Pearl, and now Platinum. You can change your name, the money you have, the Pokemon you have (in both your party and boxes), you can change their movesets and stats, you can edit what you have in your bag, etc. You're basically the King of Pokemon with that.

19. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

Imo, Pokesav ruins the game. If you make all your Pokemon level 99 and beat all the Gym Leader and Elite Four, there's not much else to do, is there? The majority of the playtime in the game comes from collecting and levelling up Pokemon, but if you use Pokesav to get them all and make them level 99, there's not much left to the game...

20. anandjones

It should be used after you've beaten the game.