1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Pearl Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by shadowarch, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowarch

shadowarch Member

Hey, i've been having some troubles trying to get pokemon pearl to work. Whenever i get to the first battle(which is right after you choose your pokemon) my game freezes once i win. I have tried changing the NDS Backup Media to Flash 256, Flash 512 and EEPROM 64 but it continually freezes. Im not sure if it is the Rom or even my emulator which is 2.5c. If anyone could help i would be grateful.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Use a newer version of your emulator. no$gba 2.6a is available, look in the Common Issues thread for a download link.

3. shadowarch

shadowarch Member

I downloaded 2.6a and i tried again and it still kept freezing, so i read this:

I dont really understand what the flaschart thing is.

4. TirithRR

Flashcarts are devices you plug into an actual DS that lets you play ROMs. That has nothing to do with the Emulators for your PC.

5. shadowarch

shadowarch Member

Oh ok then... well it still doesnt work and im pretty pissed because i've been trying to get it work after downloading many different pokemon pearl roms. Neither pearl or diamond work.

6. TirithRR

Weird. Diamond works just works just fine on the 2.6a version I have.

Try using this emulator:
    http://nds-gamers.webs.com/downloads.htm

What are your computer specs?

7. shadowarch

shadowarch Member

I'll try it out right now and give you the specs later if it doesnt work.

Wow still doesnt work. Turns out that ive got 2.20 GHz and 1.96 GB of RAM with an intel core 2 duo CPU.

8. TirithRR

Where does it freeze at?

Check your emulation settings and make sure they are set to "Auto".

Also, did you download the files from this site? Or somewhere else that they may have been "patched"

9. shadowarch

shadowarch Member

Im pretty sure i did. I downloaded a lot of pokemon pearl and diamonds, all with the same result. Both backup media settings are set up as Auto. It just freezes at the first pokemon fight with a Starly after you choose which of the three pokemon you want. Once starly has 0 hp it just freezes.

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Make sure your sound is on.

11. shadowarch

shadowarch Member

WOW, are you serious? Sound makes a difference?? I always turn it off and listen to music... Im gonna check it out.

EDIT: Oh my gosh, thank you so much it worked. I didn't realize sound had anything to do with it.

12. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes, it's because at the end of the battle, the fainting pokemon makes a sound, and if you have it disabled, it freezes :) You're welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.