1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Overrated?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by khairar08, May 5, 2010.

?

Is Pokemon overrated?

1. Overrated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not overrated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. khairar08

khairar08 Member

So i just made this poll to see if romu thinks pokemon is overrated or not. I was once a pokemon addict myself but lately i find it being overrated too much. So what do you guys think?

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

I don't know, but i like it :D

3. zerobahamut

zerobahamut Well-Known Member

This is more of an opinion question so there is no right or wrong.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

There is only one answer.

No, it's not over-rated.

5. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

When something is liked alot or popular and when there's someone who doesn't think it's so awesome then they'll say it's overrated and with the topic no because I believe there's no such thing as overrated.

6. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Really, Pokemon has become, not truly overrated, but it has become a monster. How many more Pokemon can there be until we have Monkeymon and Catmon and Dogmon?

Pokemon needs to accept a death of sorts or something. I can't even get myself to play the new ones because they are nothing but a mash up between gold/silver and pearl/diamond. It isn't new. It just exists because the fan base is so large that they'll keep pumping out games as long as people will continue to buy them.

In short, Pokemon will exist forever, regardless of if it becomes completely overrated or not.

7. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

Pokemon has always been in my heart, since 96'. I'm 17 now. It's not overrated. The games are just so amazing and fun, people are playing it. I play it competitively.

8. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

Personally... I think Pokemon is getting very repetitive much like Final Fantasy is... ::) Either Gamefreak needs to pump out a new Game not related to Pokemon or they just continue as they are right now... pump up more for the hungry fans.

9. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Even cats like it, iirc.

10. chadrix

chadrix Member

not over rated.., I just wish they would either go full 3D on the next gen pokemon, or at least use the graphics similar to Ranger

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Very overrated & Nintendo's making millions by milking the Franchise & selling rehash after rehash to gullible children like most of you :p

Where's Morpheus with those Red & Blue pills when you need him?

12. matthew.villa

matthew.villa Well-Known Member

its overrated because its too repetitive and nothing really good happens after the elite 4. once you have beaten them all you can do is train, catch and as i live in England wait for the likes of Arceus and Shaymin to be put as a promo in GAME without using cheats

13. khairar08

khairar08 Member

Well everyone has their own views, no ones point of view is incorrect I was just asking your opinions.

14. MichaRulez

MichaRulez Well-Known Member

Well, I grew up with Pokemon and like it very much ;)

I think the good old Pokemon is the best! Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum were a Selfownage, Heartgold and Soulsilver rule! I think it is not overrated because it's nearly a part of the culture, lol. There are some bad games/versions/episodes/movies but it's still the good old Pokemon.

15. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

It's good but overrated.

16. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

overrated? really...? i thought it was underrated :p

17. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

I don't see how if something is repetitive, it makes it overrated. I was thinking overrated as if everyone is playing it at the moment and quite frankly, people my age aren't playing it. I only know a hand full of people at my school who play. Only 3 or 4 who play it competitively as I do. Today, it's either little kids (Because the anime is still running on Cartoon Network and that's what kids watch today). Or it's people my age and older (18-25). I'm 17 and I grew up with Pokemon. They all grew up with Pokemon. It was a huge craze in the late 90s and early 2000s. Almost everyone was playing it, Pokemon and Magic The Gathering. The TCGs, video games or even watching the anime. As people grow older, they put the past away, but some keep it in their hearts because they enjoy it. I mean, I stopped watching the show ages ago (Because it really wasn't like the game) and I stopped collecting cards because was a hassle buying cards over and over again. Some people even play the TCG competitively as some do the games (like me).

In my opinion, overrated is "Wow, everyone else is doing it, so might as well do it". Like a lot of people playing it. In High School, if people find out you play Pokemon (Depending who you are of course), you're going to get strange looks. My friends know I'm a geek and a nerd of such sorts, so they don't really care.

To give an example, I think Megan Fox is overrated, because everyone thinks she's hot. I don't find her attractive at all. I'm not going to think she is, just because everyone else she's the 'hot' icon.
    Or in the gaming world, I'm not a fan of Lara Croft, Samus Aran or Tifa. Because everyone thinks they're hot.

When I was a kid, it was all about Pokemon, Digimon, Yugioh, DBZ, etc.

Today, it's all like Bakugan, Ben 10, (Still Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, but a lot has changed since) and a bunch of other stuff I don't even know.

18. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Overrated? If anything it's underrated by people with short attention spans.

19. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

overated? not for a pokemon fans.

20. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

Overrated now, that it has so many different pokemon, regions and more. I liked it back when it was simple.. in R/B/Y ; G/S/C. Sure they remade the games, but they don't have the same feel.