1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon - is this a dumb idea?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by artschoolgrrl, Mar 14, 2010.

1. artschoolgrrl

artschoolgrrl Active Member

I'm playing SoulSilver, and already moved my collection of evolved Eevees over to the game. BUT, I was thinking about it, and I have a ton of unused TMs on Diamond. Diamond was my first Pokemon game, and I didn't know how to best use the TMs, so I just played without. But now I'm trying to play through SoulSilver using mostly Eevees and one Bidoof (as my HMer). What moves would you teach to the following?

Vapereon
    Jolteon
    Espeon
    Flareon
    Umbreon
    Glaceon
    Leafeon

Thanks in advance!

2. odarwazeh

odarwazeh New Member

In all honesty, I wouldn't use TM's, the best training of a pokémon is through their own abilities, and if you don't match the type of TM's with the best type of attack the pokémon can use, then it's a waste of a TM and a space for a move!

For e.g//

Vaporeon may have a really good special attack, but not so good attack. So you would want to teach it a Special attack (like surf or even ice beam) but not a physical attack (aqua tail or waterfall) due to its not so good attack.

serebii.net is a good website where you can have a look for move types and how good a pokemon may increase in special attack / attack.

I like the idea of it though :) perhaps let me know what TM's you have / want to get and i'll have a look at what will be best!

3. artschoolgrrl

Okay, here's the list by number:

4. Kirote

Kirote Member

Here's what I use personally.

Jolteon:
    - Thunderbolt
    - Signal Beam
    - Substitute
    - Baton Pass
    Item: Leftovers
    (This makes for a good sub-switcher that has high speed and special attack.)

Espeon:
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Calm Mind
    - Hypnosis
    Item: ?
    (A good sweeper, and the fact Hypnosis's accuracy is a bit better than previous games is a good move.)

Umbreon:
    - Payback
    - Revenge
    - Confuse Ray
    - Toxic
    Item: Leftovers
    (It's defenses are amazing. You want to confuse and poison ASAP, and the Leftovers heal what little damage it takes.)

Glaceon:
    - Hail
    - Ice Beam/Blizzard
    - Shadow Ball
    - (OPEN)
    Item: Choice Specs/Focus Sash
    (Snow Cloak ability makes Hail useful, and if you're lucky not to get KO'd on turn one, I'd advise to use Blizzard.)

Leafeon:
    - Leaf Blade
    - X Scissor
    - Baton Pass
    - Swords Dance
    Item: ?
    (Leafon is basically the physical version of Espeon. Not too fast, but if it hits you, chances are you're going to die by it's sheer awesome.)

I purposely left out Flareon & Vaporeon because I never use them. Never iked either one.

5. artschoolgrrl

Ooh, you've given me a lot to think about and work on. Thanks VERY much for the suggestions.

6. -K-

-K- Member

vaporeon with rest AND chesto berry can be reaaally annoying

7. artschoolgrrl

So, I've played through 8 badges and the Elite 4 using the Eevees and the Bidoof! They leveled up quickly because they were traded from Diamond. I had to also trade in something that would take the Fly HM, so I brought over a Crobat. I have to say, it was really funny when I hit the Elite 4 and they all had Eevees too! Overall I've had a really good time playing it, but I don't think I would have played through so quickly if I hadn't been playing with such a well-balanced group, and with trades that leveled quickly. I still have a lot to do in the game though. Thanks for the advice, everyone!