1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon HGSS - Defeating Red - No AR (Retail Version) [2 DS'S NEEDED]

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by dratinifire, Apr 9, 2010.

1. dratinifire

dratinifire Member

Pokemon HeartGold/Soulsilver - Beating Red​

This is my method on how to beat Red on the retail version of HGSS without having to buy Action Replay!

You need: 2 DS's, Retail Version of HGSS and a Flashcard (Edge/R4 work best.)

First, activate the Wild Pokemon Modifier to catch the Pokemon listed here. (must all be level 100.) Trade them to the retail version.

Charizard, Gallade, Donphan, Blastoise, Pikachu, Venusaur
    Use Pokesav on your save file to make Charizard learn Blast Burn, Blastoise, Hydro Cannon, and Venusaur, Frenzy Plant.

Here is the Wild Pokemon Modifier code.
    :Battle The Pokemon You Want
    ::[L+R] You get 493 Master Ball and 100 Hyper Ball then Hold L for Encounter
    :::Master Ball Equal to PKMN Index Number, Hyper Ball equal to PKMN level ! Discard the quantity you desired to meet repsective PKMN and level. Hold L for Encounter
    94000130 FEFF0000
    62111880 00000000
    B2111880 00000000
    00000D14 01ED0001
    00000D18 00640002
    D2000000 00000000
    94000130 FDFF0000
    62111880 00000000
    B2111880 00000000
    DA000000 00000D16
    C0000000 00000027
    D7000000 00025A68
    D2000000 00000000
    94000130 FDFF0000
    62111880 00000000
    B2111880 00000000
    DB000000 00000D1A
    C0000000 0000000B
    D8000000 00025A5C
    D2000000 00000000

Then, put Donphan at the front of your party.
    *BRING SOME FULL RESTORES BECAUSE THEY CAN ACTUALLY FAINT! THE POKEMON WILL BE IN A RANDOM ORDER BUT PIKACHU IS ALWAYS FIRST!*
    After obtaining all 16 Badges, go to Mt. Silver and when you reach the area with no music, head north until you see a trainer. This is Red. He is like Ash in the anime and is a playable character in FireRed/Leafgreen. Talk to him.

He will say:

The battle will start with a unique variation of the start of a battle. It is the big Pokeball from the original GS games!

He will start with Pikachu. It is Level 88 so use Donphan's Earthquake to bring it down.

Next he will use Lapras. Use Pikachu's Electric moves for this. Lapras will go down sooner or later.

Then he'll use Snorlax. Use Gallade's Close Combat to bring it down.

Then he'll use Venusaur. Charizard's Blast Burn comes in handy here.

Then he uses Charizard - use Blastoise's Hydro Cannon to bring 'em down!

Finally he uses Blastoise - Venusaur's Frenzy Plant comes in handy now!

Then the credits will roll and you'll be back in your room. Now you can get the Kanto/Hoenn Starters!
    Hope this helps ^^

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Couldn't you just level up your pokemon normally?

3. dratinifire

dratinifire Member

Yes but this is my way of doing it.

4. EntropicKitty

EntropicKitty Well-Known Member

He's really not that difficult...
    But have fun with your cheats. =]

5. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

This topic makes it sound like its impossible to beat Red normally,which I find funny.

6. EntropicKitty

Red's easier than Lance IMO... stupid Lance and his stupid dragons...

7. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Why do you need 2 DS'

8. dratinifire

dratinifire Member

This is my method of this. It's not impossible because I actually beat him with this method.

9. Andrejcruz95

Andrejcruz95 Member

...If you have a flashcard can't you just use Pokesav? This makes beating Red much more complicated than it has to be...

10. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

I beat red with two level 100 pokemon, and a couple level 60-70 pokemon.

Arceus lvl 100 (Draco Plate) vs. everyone except Charizard and Lapras
    Metagross vs. anyone except Charizard and Snorlax
    Typhlosion vs. Venasaur
    Lugia vs. Venasaur and Charixard
    Wobuffet vs. Everyone
    Hariyama vs. Snorlax and Lapras

I usually sub Hariyama with Shaymin though. Can beat Lapras and Blastoise when not in Sky Form.

These are all legit pokemon.

11. dratinifire

dratinifire Member

Andre, it clearly says Retail Version.

12. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

You say no AR, yet you're using a flashcart that is basically an AR...
    Explain.

You can take your save from a retail cart and modify it via Pokesav, modify it to a GOD'S liking, and then transfer it back.
    That is the simplest way to do it as far as retail carts go. And you don't even need 2 DSes, just the retail cart, the flashcart, and a DS. This is what I was expecting for your method, but instead I got a huge string of codes. Smells like AR...

This would be more useful as a thread on how to beat Red without using any cheats, and even that is next to useless since there's an infinite amount of ways to beat him. You don't even have to be the same level as him.

I find it funny that you're resorting to both an AR AND Pokesav to beat him. Is he really that difficult? Just ironic.

13. Akiraita

Akiraita Member

Bah. Of course he's not that difficult. You don't even need to grind if you have enough Revives, Max Revives, Hyper Potions, etc., you just need to strategize. I'm not lying when I say I took him down with a team of five, with not a single Pokemon over Lv. 57. Yes, I used items like a whore, but I beat him, and I didn't exactly have to cheat either.

For those curious, my strategy basically involved using Magneton to paralyze things and then beating things up by either exploiting actual weaknesses or just smacking them around a lot.

(Red is still plenty harder than Lance, though. In my opinion, anyway. Both times Lance's team is riddled with double-weaknesses, so all you really need to do is exploit them with a team of reasonably powerful Pokemon.)

14. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

#1 You should post that you need AR and that this is for the retail version.
    #2 Why would you trade and Pokesav pokemon on the flashcart to beat Red on the retail version, just beat him on the card.
    #3 Who here has both retail and flashcard versions and actively plays them both?

Guide for those without the retail.

15. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Use pokesav from the very beginning and give yourself a Wonderguard Spiritomb.
    Done.

Even with retail, you can transfer save files back and forth from the cartridge to your computer, which then gives you free reign on using pokesav to your heart's content.

The process described in the first post is harder than it has to be.
    Oh, and the pokemon sent out are not in random order. They're sent out according to whatever can counter yours. For example, if I manage to kill his Pikachu with a Milotic, he will most likely send out Venusaur, not Charizard.

16. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

lol That works too.

17. EntropicKitty

I use both retail and flash... I have SS retail and HG on my flashcart... but I only played to Ilex forest so I can get the pichu using a pokesav'd pikachu colored pichu... then I'm trading them over. =]

But, regardless, Red really isn't so difficult... Lance and I have never gotten along... I really hate dragons because I generally use fire types...

18. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

There's a way where you can set up a virtual GTS server which automatically downloads a .pkm file to your cart. I hear it works fine for people who aren't using a network as horrifically complex as my own (which is most people). Check on gbatemp, they've probably got it floating around somewhere. It's called "Sendpkm".

19. EntropicKitty

Hmm... I shall, that'll make it easier to get the event pokemon.

20. Andrejcruz95

Andrejcruz95 Member

...If you have a flashcard...you could just....I dunno....Pokesav some pokemon and TRADE THEM OVER TO THE RETAIL VERSION.