1. This forum is in read-only mode.

pokemon HG vs recorder help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xbook, Aug 26, 2012.

1. xbook

xbook Member

whenever i open the VS recorder and after pressing the 'touch here' it doesnt load like the ones i saw on the youtube videos

-no$GBA 2.6a with no$zoomer

2. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

no$gba isnt the best emulator and also it doesnt emulate most the commercial roms to the good extent .

try using DeSmuME .

in this you wont have any problem.

3. xbook

xbook Member

but its fast, and i cant make desmume run on 100%

4. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

I understand, but at the same time, I advise you to start using Desmume as it is.Upgrade your CPU if you can, it'll make the emulation in desmume faster.No$gba is an abandoned project as of now, it was not updated in 2-3 years.Its compatibility of newer games of NDS sucks a lot.
    Well, to play on no$gba anyway, go and get the improved patched rom from here:

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=58950.0

using that should solve most freezes and crashes.

5. xbook

xbook Member

alright thx, ive already got the improved patched rom from jhon's topic

the original desmume was also abandoned but several devs got together and made the new desmume we all use now
    do you think that will also happen to no$gba?

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Unfortunately, no the No$GBA had been abandoned far too long.
    The DeSmuMe isn't abandoned by the original team, they recently (months ago) released a v.0.9.8 official version if you know.
    The DeSmuMe SVN releases, yes its maintained by another team altogether that creates updates on top of the official version.
    But overall, DeSmuMe is the better choice compared to No$GBA which had been left by its creator.
    Of cause, emulators are not perfect clone of the console, its performance is subjected to the host computer spec.
    Of cause the No$GBA still work if you use patched roms along with Action Replay Cheats to run the game.
    So really, it comes down to your preference. But most of us will choose DeSmuMe nowadays for convenience.

7. xbook

xbook Member

whats different between desmume and SVN?

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Kind of means better in a way.

http://www.emucr.com/search/label/NDS?&max-results=12

Strange somethink called DuoS (Beta) (2012/08/24) came-up....

Post Merge: [time]1346008989[/time]
    EDIT: I find their beta fair good :)

Get it of their main site ;)

http://ds-duos.blogspot.co.uk/

9. maxmahito

SVN is better in some aspects, but is unstable sometimes.
    And you also may try that DuoS Jhon linked, it looks good!

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

SVN is a version control system, so the SVN version of software is newer than the stable (release) version, but might be unstable/might not work at all.

11. maxmahito

ROFL, forget about DuoS, people.If you can't run Desmume, you'll never run DuoS.Desmume takes up 100k to 300k of my cpu resources.
    While that Duos takes 600k.Though it is fast for me, I'd not want my computer to run at 60% physical memory and 50% CPU.

12. xbook

xbook Member

i went to DuoS main site and tried all their download links, right after downloading it chrome keeps discarding the download saying "DuoS.zip appears maliscious" (Discard)

13. maxmahito

Malicious? It's a false-positive.Don't worry, nothing malacious in there.
    Try downloading this, if you want to try DuoS:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/ezoear

14. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Yes agreed false / positive

Although still lagey, but don't have AP issues with clean ROM's like Pokemon B/W 2 Pokemon conquest est.

As for lagey , maybe just my low end hardware, But don't forget still in beta mood.