1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon HG/SS (U) Playable Method (Emulator only)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tommyuv1993, Mar 28, 2010.

1. tommyuv1993

tommyuv1993 New Member

Well probably a lot of you guys already know this but I might as well post it. Instead of using the regular No$GBA 2.6a to play Pokemon HG/SS (U) to find yourself being smacked with random crashes, freezes, save crash, and the permanent crash in Goldenrod City and after the 4th gym, have you tried using the WinDS Pro DSi? Well I have and it made Pokemon HG/SS enjoyable because from my experiences, I haven't crashed and ONLY freezes once in every 1-2 hours, but I save frequently so that isn't a problem. Okay, so here's the step to get it working.

1) Go to http://winds.en.malavida.com/ and download WinDS Pro DSi.
    2) Install with "Full" setting. (by the way, just for conveniences, you might want to install the WinDS Pro DSi in a different location than the default because it'll be annoying to find it)
    3) Then either click on the No$Zoomer icon directly, or the WinDS Pro icon to access No$Zoomer.
    4) Next, use the No$Zoomer to run your Pokemon HG/SS rom and voila! Enjoy.

Black Screen Code: You'll have to use this every time you start up No$Zoomer and make sure you check Action Replay DS NOT CodeBreaker DS

Pokemon HeartGold (U) black screen fix code:
    020DD9E4 E1A00000
    020D3820 E1A00000

Pokemon Soul Silver (U) black screen fix code:
    020DE16C E1A00000
    020D3FA8 E1A00000

Alternative: It seems some people can't get pass certain point in the game even with the WinDS and what I did was I tested out other emulator to try and get pass the freezing point.
    Goldenrod City and the 4th gym causes the most crashes and so I suggest that after you beat the 2nd gym, use DeSmuMe emulator to get the pass from the 3rd-4th gym, then switch back to Zoomer.

1. Use No$GBA Zoomer until you get frequent crash that eventually become unpassable.
    2. Go http://desmume.org/download/ and get yourself a DeSmuMe emulator and install it.
    3. Now, in order to transfer your save file from No$Zoomer into DeSmuMe, go to your No$Zoomer folder and look for a folder name "Battery" and find your HG/SS save file. Copy it onto desktop.
    4. You'd have to uninstall WinDS Pro DSi (or else you won't be able to convert the save file, unless you want to start all over again).
    5. Notice how the save file has a .sav at the end of it. You need to rename it to .dsv so that the DeSmuMe emulator can read it.
    6. Copy your roms and save file into the DeSmuMe folder and start playing.
    7. From my experience, I used the DeSmuMe after 2nd gym to the beginning of the 5th gym. You can follow my path or stop using the DeSmuMe anytime you want and switch to No$Zoomer after the unpassable freezing is over. (the DeSmuMe might be a bit slow for those with slower computer :/ but I can't really do much, just try and endure lol).
    8. Then just switch back to No$Zoomer by renaming the save file to .sav and reinstalling WinDS Pro DSi.
    9. Put your .sav file back into the "Battery" folder and test the game out :p

PS: You guys might say "well, why not just use the regular No$Zoomer instead of having to download this?" Well, I haven't use the regular No$Zoomer, but from the responses in Youtube, it seems to not be working. Probably WinDS Pro DSi modified the emulators, but then that's just a theory. BUT HEY! It's convenient with all the emulator in one place and it works :p (well works for me lol)

You guys should test it out and give me feed backs whether if it's working or not.

2. Tantara

Tantara Member

ima try this, ill let you know if it works

Couldn't get past the black screen. The game music would play, but the screen never changed. ssss
    Used the Soul Silver code for the Heart Silver game and it worked...? Must be an error on my part.
    There's a freeze durint the save T-T

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

The SS code has been confirmed to be worked on HG.

Try using DeSmuMe to get pass certain unpassable freeze point.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There is also info here:
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36368.0

5. mokyo24

mokyo24 Member

my game don't freeze, it crashes :( . have just finished ecruteak and successfully saved the game. i closed the emu as precaution to the crashes. now when i load my game i get a image crash error. i've been saving and closing emu to prevent crashes and that caused me to take some time going through the gym. will i still be able to use my save file. i don't want to start all over again. can i use it on different emulators.

6. meganova

Try using it on DeSmuMe.
    You only have to convert the save file from no$gba to DeSmuMe using this online converter.
    http://shunyweb.info/convert.php

7. mokyo24

mokyo24 Member

i found a copy of my save, the one before finishing the gym. i used it instead. funny is it crashes when i saved it after fighting the rival. Really annoying. that the same reason i can't complete the bug catching contest. this is in nocash. is there a way to prevent crashing every single time you do something?

i tried running soulsilver in desmume but it doesn't look right. the lugia animation does not appear and the top screen is black even if you can see the menu.

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

It mabe possible to fix the freeze if we can catch the part that freezes

OK this is for how they fix the black screens

NO$GBA Debug Version

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0yjmzwiznn2

No$gba password : veta

OK hear is no$gba debug version showing the game running

[​IMG]

This is the part where the Game goes into blank screen but you can still hear the game music

[​IMG]

Red 1, Blankscreen hear music , Brake the game at that point , you will see the game braked at offset 020DE164
    Black 2 , The offset we are after is 020DE16C witch is not far of from where the game braked
    Black 3 , But the hex is written backwards to the top part A1FFFFFC - the bottom offset is normal at FCFFFFA1

This is the part that gets the game running from the black screen

[​IMG]

Green 1, The offset code is 020DE16C
    Red 2, The hex shown backwards at the top
    Blue 3, Where you need to wright in the new code E1A00000
    Purple 4, Run your game and the black screen disappears , and your game is ruining

(Note) On the bottom screen you need to manuly search for the offset thats on the top screen, Click right and Goto, then type in offset at the bottom screen

This might come in handy for finding over codes in this way...
    Post Merge: [time]1270732392[/time]
    After entering a in and out of a door a few times , the game froze bettween offsets

020D3264 and 020D326C

Now where in them offsets, Hex to put a patch...
    Post Merge: [time]1270732752[/time]
    Dose anyone save a .sav file where it most crashes ?, If so plaease upload

9. mokyo24

mokyo24 Member

what should i do with desmume to run SS. the top screen is black from the very beginning of the game. only the menu appears. in nocash the problem appears after your done with name selection.

10. meganova

For DeSmuMe, use the latest version, 0.9.5.
    As for no$gba, make sure to use the SS AR codes or Bios method to fix the black screen issue.

11. Sonicaaa

Sonicaaa Well-Known Member

i tried desume
    it is very good
    more than an hour and it works with no crashes
    But , one simple problem that it is too slow