1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon HeartGold - Random Freezes

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by choasz, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. choasz

choasz New Member

Specs:
    DSi Version 1.4
    AceKard2i 4.21 Just updated to AKAIO 1.6 RC1.
    Pokemon HeartGold (Xenophobia) U

Problem:
    Pokemon HeartGold would randomly freeze at any time. I would step out of cave and the game would freeze, with the music still playing. I would battle wild pokemon and after the battle, the game would freeze. This random freezing forces me to save my game every 5 mins because I never know when it will freeze again.

Anybody else having any problems like this?
    Anybody know any solutions?
    If you need more info on my specs i will be glad to put them up.

2. KingofKings24

KingofKings24 Well-Known Member

Check the sticky thread. Alot of ppl are having these problems. Just gotta wait till a patch is realesed. And I bet this thread will be closed soon lol

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Please read the topics that already exist.
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36094.0

Update your firmware to AKAIO 1.6 RC1.

4. Evach Rouro

Evach Rouro Member

I've been having same exact problem(with an R4i) with no direct instructions. I'm not a very smart person when It comes to this, and I need step by step instructions. If I hear anything I'll help.
    My problem is I don't know how to update firmware. Sometimes I can find loose instructions but I have problems knowing what the terms mean. Can anyone help, or should I make new topic or what?
    Basically what I need is someone to "dumb it down" for me.

5. choasz

choasz New Member

Just download whatever update they have and open it using WinRAR.
    Then plug in your microSD card reader with the microSD card in it and just drag and drop files from the update that you downloaded, into the microSD card.
    If anything pops up, just Move and Replace the files.
    Done.

6. Evach Rouro

Evach Rouro Member

THank you for telling me in words i can understand. Ok so that means I AM doing it correctly... But do you know if the R4i menu should say v2.6a since i did that, instead of v1.17b?

7. choasz

choasz New Member

I am not entirely sure how the R4 works but ususally when you update the version number will change. But I'm not too entirely sure.

8. lcleong

lcleong Well-Known Member

i thought acekard2i is fully compatible ? non freezing at all?

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

There can always be freezes not related to anti piracy. See the common issues thread, all this has been covered a million times beofre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.