1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heartgold not connecting locally or to wifi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mudmonky1212, May 23, 2010.

1. mudmonky1212

mudmonky1212 Member

k so i know i sound like i'm whining, but i have a problem with my pokemon HG rom.

first off fo my hardware: R4 SDHC firmware 1.34 (newest)
    for some reason, whenver i go into a union room or start something where i have to connect to another game cart, it comes up with the blue connection error screen. ive tried turning off the cheats n stuff, but it still doesnt work. any help would be immensely appreciated. thanks you :D

2. mudmonky1212

mudmonky1212 Member

seriously? anyone?

3. justicetamer

justicetamer Member

Are both the flash carts using the same "patched" version of pokemon hg/ss? I had this problem once before with my acekard (clean rom) and my friend's r4 (patched rom). However i can trade/battle with people with the original catrigde but got the error message from him. Did you download the patched rom from here? http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=34997.0

4. mudmonky1212

mudmonky1212 Member

yeah, im using the rudolph patch for my heartgold. should i use a clean rom instead?

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Make sure ALL cheats are disabled. You aren't allowed to go online with cheats on, you get automatically kicked.

I've been on Wi-Fi with the patched rom before (Rudolph Patch), and was able to do things with no issues.

6. mudmonky1212

mudmonky1212 Member

YAY!!! it works now. thanks, LuckyTrouble77 for suggesting the cheat thing. :p

the thing was, i tried ddisabling cheats, so i went into the cheat menu on my r4 and selected "cheat Disable" AND "Game disable", and it still wouldnt work. but that was like a month ago. so today, i selected game enable and selected cheat disable, and now it works perfectly :D

so as an offering of gratitude, does anyone want some pokemon? i have a lot, and now i can trade, thanks to you guys.

Friend Code (Pokemon HG):2751 3514 9733

Thanks again, mudmonky1212