1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heartgold freeze on credits after beating Lance.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mikazo, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Mikazo

Mikazo Member

I have an picture of it which my problem.
    [​IMG]

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Not really much help...
    What ROM are you running?

3. Mikazo

Mikazo Member

Desmume 0.9.8 x86.

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

ROM, not Emulator.

5. Mikazo

Mikazo Member

Oh Pokemon Heartgold. :)

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Might I suggest that you add some useful info, else you won't get much help.
    Write a detailed background and include whatever you think might be useful.
    By being informative, you help others who wish to help you.

Examples of things you could state;
    1. Are you using pre-patched rom or clean (unpatched) rom?
    2. Did it freeze elsewhere besides the end credit?
    3. Did you use any cheat codes (AR Codes)? Name them.
    4. What troubleshooting had you tried prior to asking for help?
    5. How was the emulation? Good/Bad? Frame rate?
    6. Emulator settings setup

7. Mikazo

Mikazo Member

Yeah sorry for not being so detailed new to the forum 'n all. :)

1. Are you using pre-patched rom or clean (unpatched) rom? ---- I'm not using any patch.
    2. Did it freeze elsewhere besides the end credit? --- No only the every now and then pixel blurr and black screen but then i'd just load a earlier save.
    3. Did you use any cheat codes (AR Codes)? Name them. ---- Black screen code.
    4. What troubleshooting had you tried prior to asking for help? --- Youtube and looking through the forum I couldn't seem to understand most of it.
    5. How was the emulation? Good/Bad? Frame rate? ---- The emulation was without any lagging Not sure what the frame rate is?
    6. Emulator settings setup - I didn't mess with the settings.

8. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

What he means is that, was the ROM you downloaded patched beforehand (as in, it had an AP patch).
    All ROMs on the main site of RomUlation are clean unless otherwise stated.

Well, did you bother to look at this topic?
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=58215.0

9. Mikazo

Mikazo Member

Yes I did look i through but the heartgold download, downloaded something called tool somthing which confused me greatly I did not belive it had anything to do with the game itself. (Got it downloaded right this time but now it freezes when I'm fighting the first bug trainer.)

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

That sentence is confusing me.

I've never heard of this problem before, so I don't think it is AP.
    Nevertheless, I'll give it a go anyway.

Follow the tutorial on this page.
    Then try and run the ROM again (make sure you change the name of the save file to the new name of the ROM (if you changed it)).

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If you upload your save file for us to download, maybe we could test it at that part in the game to.

We are not in a habit of playing throughout the entire game just to test a certain parts , So we ask for your save file ;D

All we have to do is rename it to ower ROM's name in order to test, with .dsv file extention for no$gba .sav

12. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

Why dont u try running it on a different emulator, using same save file
    1.Back up your SAVE filE
    2.Rename the .dsv to .sav and try running the game on NO$Zoomer...

13. w4yne25

w4yne25 New Member

Post Merge: [time]1367362440[/time]

I have the same problem as OP.. Heart gold freezes when im watching the credits after beating lance fot the first time.

I tried this and got the same results.. could it be my save file who is corrupt?

14. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Reposting this in case you missed it.

15. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Uhmm......
    How would you expect us to know if your save file is corrupted or the cause of your issue?
    We ain't psychic, you know?! Detail us your issue and other necessary info; otherwise how could we help troubleshoot your issue?

16. w4yne25

w4yne25 New Member

Ok, I will check this now :)

I was just thinking that my save file must have been the source of the trouble since i tried a new copy of desume and the "100% patched final version of HG" (http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=58215.0) and the error was still there. :s

hmm.. what can i say..

The game have frozen often, like following: when i walk through a door or a "change of scene" (like going out from a battle etc) all the character spirtes have been messed up ( random colors , u cant see the characters at all), so when i walk around all i see is a mess of colours walking. If i then walk through a new door (etc) the entire screen will turn black. So then i must reload from my last save...

I have been saving often because of this problem.

I have been using some action replay cheats: the wild modifier (i wanted a charmader to be my starter), exp multiplier ( sometimes i forgot to save and when the game froze i lost like 10 lvls on each pokemon)

The first version of the game i used (Rom), I downloaded from coolrom (the most popular version). since the game so often froze i tried out som other "fixed" versions, like: /watch?v=CNKxG_Yb80g (go to youtube)

is there anything more you would like to know? I can eventually upload a version of my save-file if u want to see it for yourself :)

17. CBR600RRider

CBR600RRider New Member

HELP!!!

I know this post was a little over three years ago but I'm having the same problem. I'll cut to the chase...

Problem: The game will occasionally glitch out. Enter/Leave a building and the characters are distorted and appear as "pixel blobs". I simply reload the game to a previous saved state and continue on my way. I haven't encountered the "black screen" nor has the game ever "freezon" during gameplay. HOWEVER (this is the real problem) when I beat Lance of Elite four for the first time, the game freezes at the credits screen or after the Hall of Fame displays and the game saves automatically.

Troubleshooting: I have read the other posts on this thread and I did try copying my save file, renaming it with the .SAV extension and then tried opening it with both NO$Zoomer and NO$GBA. But I can't figure out how to load a .SAV file from either of those two emulators. Am I missing something there?

Things to Note:
    1) Emulator: DeSmuME 0.9.11. Downloaded from the official DeSmuME page. http://desmume.org/

2) ROM: I am not sure. See in my folder I have the following ROMs...
    4839 - Pokemon - HeartGold Version (v10)(E)
    4787 - Pokemon - HeartGold Version (U)
    However, I used the randomizer to obtain a version that will allow me to level up my Pokemon to level 37 in order for them to reach their second evolution rather than having to trade. I'm sure some of you have heard of this randomizing software. Anyways, when you use the software you import your ROM, which is one of the two I just listed; can't remember which. Then you change the settings and save it as a new ROM which i have named HeartGoldRandmized.nds. Therefore, I don't know exactly which ROM I used :( One thing I do know is that both ROMs were downloaded from emuparadise because at the time I found out that coolroms doesn't have NDS games anymore and I just now heard about romulation.

3) I do have some cheats in there.
    --Obtain All Three Starter Pokemon
    94000130 FFF30000
    B2111880 00000000
    DA000000 000010E0
    D3000000 00000000
    D7000000 02000010
    A2000010 FBFF0000
    D4000000 0000FC00
    B211187E 00000000
    D7000000 000010E0
    D2000000 00000000

--Black Screen and Freezes
    020DD9E4 E1A00000
    020D3820 E1A00000
    020DE16C E1A00000
    020D3FA8 E1A00000

4) Emulation Settings: Haven't messed with them at all.

5) Game doesn't lag at all. Runs great.

I would really appreciate some help! I've gotten so far and it's a shame that it would have to end now. :(