1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Poke'mon HeartGold :Beating Red

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by AB8WV, May 12, 2010.

1. AB8WV

AB8WV Member

Hey Guys....I need help on how to beat Red and what pokemon to use i have
    Rhyperior Lvl 74
    Lugia Lvl 70
    Ho-oh Lvl 54
    Snorlax Lvl 50
    Raikou Lvl 47
    and i needed this one to fly to mt silver Hoothoot lvl 15

2. gamefreak6597

gamefreak6597 Member

Heres your help...train...

3. AB8WV

AB8WV Member

where! the Battle Frontier has too low leveled pokemon, link battles dont level you up,and ive beaten every gym leader and trainer around.

4. natnat886

natnat886 New Member

The best place to train, although it may be kind of boring, is to re-battle the Gym Leaders.

If you don't know already, you can get Gym Leaders' phone numbers and call them at certain times of the day and re-battle them.
    For example, you can re-battle Sabrina on Sunday Afternoons. So you can keep calling her on Sunday Afternoons (Starting at 10AM) and battle her until "Afternoon" ends, which is usually 8PM.

5. three_strangers

three_strangers Well-Known Member

If you're too lazy to train, there's always Rare Candies. Chances are, those pokemon in your party already have their EVs maxed, so those Rare Candies will have the same effect as you training them now. Make sure you have moves that are effective against his pokemon, and bring plenty of healing items.

6. ThePurificators

ThePurificators New Member

That team is pretty much enough to take anyone down ya know.
    Sure training is boring, but by now I believe you have realized pokemon vs other trainers(cpu) only requires brute strength. While in the other hand your friends will use strategy(hopefully ._.).
    Anyways since you would use brute force just teach tm's that are super effective vs his pokemon. I don't see how he could of actually beat you, I mean your team is pretty cool and strong. Well that's all I can say.

7. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

He only has two level 70 and above Pokémon. Red has like.. all level 80 pokemon. So if both of the level 70s faint, He's pretty much screwed.

8. AB8WV

AB8WV Member

Re: Poke\'mon HeartGold :Beating Red

yeah i beat red already lol my friend let me get my lvl 100 shiny charizard from my pokemon pearl to my Heartgold. I can get any pokemon ,any level from Arceus down to Bulbasaur
    Post Merge: [time]1273926958[/time]
    if any of you play pokemon can i get your pal pad code then i can get you any pokemon from any level shiny or not shiny

9. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Yawn. Pokesav/AR is lame. Do it legit and then we'll talk.

10. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Quoted For Truth.

11. ThePurificators

ThePurificators New Member

Well I guess...since I'm barely on kanto in soul silver...
    Anyways he could train in a gba version and transfer some pokemon to hg/ss
    I did that and I have a lvl 64 laprass..and it gets way stronger...He'll have to train..Cheats aren't the way to go and that's for sure.

12. stupid_owl

stupid_owl Member

i have not played pokemon heartgold yet........................

13. blinkgirlgirl

blinkgirlgirl Active Member

Okie.... Level 70s/80s.... Oh Boy... now i know why i can't even beat the Last Top 4 Lady.
    Maybe i should get another R4 card & use it to transfer my older Pokemons & use them to Battle.

14. khairar08

khairar08 Member

You could also catch the mewtwo in cerulean cave which is lv70 to help.

15. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

First of all, once you get to the Pokemon Center in Mt. Silver, swap your Hoothoot for something more useful.

I have no idea what moves your Pokemon have, but your party looks good enough. Obviously with those levels, you can't just plow through Red, BUT if you have a lot of money (like I did) you could buy a whole lot of Full Restores and Revives and stall Red out for a victory (like I did). If you're really gonna go for that, then buy about 70 Revives and around 40 Full Restores/Hyper Potions then just keep bringing your team back from the dead. If you still have ethers/elixers, now would be a good time to use them.

16. richh 24

richh 24 Member

if you need help..get better pokemon

17. MichaRulez

MichaRulez Well-Known Member

Well, with a bit of luck you should do it.
    You have to think to the team, Rot has.

He has a Pikachu [88], Snorlax [82], Lapras [80], Venusaur [84], Charizard [84] and a Blastoise [84]. He use Pikachu everytime first so make sure you have a Rock Pokemon for it. Against the Snorlax you should take a "Fight" Pokemon. Against Lapras and Blastoise you should use an Electro Pokemon. Against Venusaur a Fire Pokemon and against Charizard Water.

My team was something like 1x lvl 82,1x lvl 75, rest nearly 70 and I bet him.

P.S.:
    I read that when you beat the E4 again than you can fight again with Red. But pay attention, it's the E4 with their better teams.

18. blinkgirlgirl

blinkgirlgirl Active Member

Can we buy Rare candies anywhere in the game?