1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Generation 5. Which Nintendo console?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by klaimore, Mar 26, 2010.

1. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

As most Pokemon fans know, Pokemon Sunday has released a few screenies on the Upcoming Movie and the 5th Generation Pokemon.
    http://www.serebii.net/generation5/

There would most likely to be a game in a few years, so which console and what do you think it would be like?

2. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Is Zorua a starter?
    If it is that would be cool seeing it is a Dark Pokemon.

3. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I put my money on the "3DS"

4. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

That there is quite wrong.
    I remember reading an article (i think it was a link from serebii) that said the new game would come out this year but not in those words.
    i think is went something like thi
    *puts on big suit to look like a guy from nintendo*
    "at the end of two-thousand and ten we shall release a whole new pokemon rpg."
    *takes of suit*
    and thats about it.

5. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I can almost confirm that to be a 100% no. It's a legendary Pokemon.
    Post Merge: [time]1269594964[/time]
    That's probably not what's going to happen. They're not going to remake Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire?! That's **** event if its still compatible with DS.

It takes them a while to make new Pokemon anyway, unless the team has evolved dramatically from the past history.

6. teheezin

teheezin Guest

They did mention that the 5th Generation is gonna be released by end of this year.. and it's supposed to be for the DS

7. r0ckinOUTloud

r0ckinOUTloud New Member

I'm sure Zoruark isn't a legendary , considering he has a pre evolution
    and i hope the don'y make a RBE remake those were by far the worst

8. MikeHoncho16

MikeHoncho16 Well-Known Member

U kno what theyre gonna do, right? Notice how the 3DS is due any where from April 2010 to March 2011, They will release Generation 5 Pokemon AND the 3DS right before Christmas, so that way they can milk as much money as possible out of both.

9. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

that's wrong. It has an expected release of 2011 so most likey summer time. And I dont think they can milk that much money. Its just a Ds that can go 3D, big whoop. I'm betting it will be just a normal Ds. The Dsi just came out then The XL. I dont thnik a lot of people are ready for a new ds once again.

10. ggrroohh

I thought the "Backwards compatibility with DS games" indicates its the next-gen Nintendo handheld

11. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

I would think that Nintendo would think of something new then besides going on the formula of the ds and adding upgrades when they would release a new next-gen handheld. And I read somewhere that its not a new handheld consoule but a part of the ds family.

12. MikeHoncho16

MikeHoncho16 Well-Known Member

Ok, well the 3DS isnt just some DS upgrade with some new stuff thrown in, its a completely new system, with completely revamped graphics, possible motion control (stated by Miyamoto in an earlier interview), Backwards compatability with DS games, new LCD screens, a joystick, etc.

And Miyamoto announced that the 3DS is available during their next fiscal year, which is April 2010 until March 2011, and its pretty obvious that its not gonna be out during April, so Im pretty sure that its gonna be a holiday season system, look what they did with the Wii.

13. llewie21

llewie21 New Member

acutally there only abit through it my dad works for nintendo

14. ggrroohh

Gameboy -> Gameboy Color = Add color
    Gameboy Color -> Gameboy Advance = Better graphics,bigger size for game

Mind,I'm not very sure about their specs,but it seems to me that every new Nintendo handheld so far is an upgrade of the previous one

Original Gameboy and Gameboy Advance are 2 different consoles but are both considered part of the "gameboy" family

15. Confirmed for Nintendo DS, and Japan is expecting the game to be out before 2011.

16. ventehxieteh

ventehxieteh Well-Known Member

it has been a tradition that the mainstream pokemon game(the JRPG one) is on the nintendo handheld device

red,green,yellow - gameboy classic/color
    gold,silver,crystal - gameboy color
    ruby,sapphire,emerald - gameboy advance/sp
    diamond,pearl,platinum - DS,DSL,DSi
    heartgold,soulsilver - DS,DSL,DSi
    (correct me if anything is wrong not 100% sure)

so i think the 5th generation pokemon would still be on the DS namely 3DS(but i still hope it is still playable on my DSL)

wish japan would use english as their first language so we can get games like 4-6 months earlier than usual.. sheesh language borders...

17. ggrroohh

You forgot Leaf Green/Fire Red,and I don't think remakes actually counts :p

18. ventehxieteh

ventehxieteh Well-Known Member

what console what that on? i forgot cause i never played those haha thanks for the reminder

19. ggrroohh

GBA

20. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

It would have to be on the new DS console. Game Freak wouldn't be stupid enough to put new Pokemon games on an old console when a new one is just around the corner.

I'm sure the releases of these new Pokemon games will tie in nicely with the recently announced 3DS.

I've heard great things about these new Pokemon games, and am expecting a lot more than what we've gotten from Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl.