1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black wifi problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Solaceira, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Solaceira

Solaceira New Member

So I'm trying to use the wi-fi feature of Pokemon Black.

I'm booting the rom off of my R4i cart on my 3DS. My 3DS has the latest firmware update
    - The 3DS wifi connects to hotspots without problem. I can connect to nintendo shop, netflix, etc.
    - When I run Pokemon Black, and select "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection," I get a message saying

"Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection treats your Nintendo DS Game Card and the System as a set. Save this system's Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection User information to this Game Card and connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection?"

Selecting No sends me back to the main menu, so obviously I choose yes. It then says that there are no available access points in range.

So then I go through the game's main menu to "Nintendo WFC Settings" which sends me to a connection setup screen.
    However when I try to set my access point up through this, it keeps saying the information is invalid.

Can someone please help me? I'd really like to use the wifi features, but I don't know how to fix this.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I don't have a 3DS, just NDSL. But I should assume it's more or less the same method.

1. Check the WFC through your PKM BW 1 or 2 rom, choose to clear it up if there is any pre-settings
    2. Make sure your router is set to WEP security, refer to your router's manual to do so
    (use password, a simple 8 digit is fine)
    3. Run the rom again, go to WFC settings, and let it auto assign itself, or manually if auto isn't working
    4. Do test connection, it should say sucessful.

Now you should be able to play online. Oh....make sure to ask for permission from your parents or whoever is incharge of that router to change the WIFI from WPA/WPA2 to WEP. Most if not all NDS games that can go online are running on WEP, not WPA/WPA2. I don't know about 3DS games though, so let's not mix them up. So I suggest just setup your router to WEP.

Also, in the case of you using 3DS, be absolute careful to make sure your flash cartridge is already upgraded to run v.4.5.0-10 firmware. Cause if the 3DS hasn't been upgraded to v.4.5.0-10, going online will prompt the upgrading process. It will self-download the upgrading package into the 3DS internal memory, but will ask for your permission to do the next steps. So make sure your cartridge has been upgraded to v.4.5.0-10 before going online. Else you might regret for not yet upgrading your cartridge prior to going online. In the event should you accidentally agreed to the 3DS's update installation, or not able to decline the upgrade, you'll be spared from any problem. It's not reversible/not downgradeable. Thus the issue will be....is there any upgrade/updating file for your flash cart to allow it to work on a 3DS that runs v.4.5.0-10? If there isn't any from your official cart's site, be absolute careful about what you agree to when prompted while online.