1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black/White, help to fix c-gear ???

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by rm212, Mar 18, 2011.

1. rm212

rm212 Member

Hi guys, I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me if the c-gear on their black/white rom works ? I can't get either the entralink or xtransceiver to connect to my brother

I have an R4i SDHC with the new 1.34b firmware and have tried both the clean and patched roms but the c-gear never connects to my brother's game.

Anyone help thanks ?

2. lusikka

lusikka New Member

I don't know for sure, but the infrared connections require the real game card to work,
    since from what I've learned the game cartridge makes the connection,
    not the ds itself. So you cannot make infrared connections with each other with memory cards.

3. rm212

rm212 Member

Really, I was sure I read somewhere that it used the DS connections...

Anyone else know anything.

Thanks !
    Post Merge: [time]1300483502[/time]
    Post Merge: [time]1300484594[/time]
    Really, I was sure I read somewhere that it used the DS connections...

Anyone else know anything.

Thanks !

EDIT : By the way, my R4i is the WIFI one so, would that not have the wireless built into the card to make the connection, simulating the Black's game cartridge wireless ?

4. Akiraita

Akiraita Member

Infrared does not work without the actual game cart. Wireless and Wi-Fi should both work, though. Save for the Feeling Check, most of what you can do on Infrared can be done through the Union Room.

5. rm212

rm212 Member

Ok, thanks, however, my xtransceiver in the wireless won't connect to my brother's DS. Does your work ?
    Post Merge: [time]1300488977[/time]
    hey guys, can anyone else get the entralink and the xtransceiver to work on their rom ?

6. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Have you tried running YSMenu for it.

7. rm212

rm212 Member

No, but have just updated to the new R4i firmware which is supposed to fix it all. It was only released on 15th

8. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

ok, here is the info about the entralink, i made this mini-tutorial

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=47627.0

now, for the xtrnasceiver, i believe this should resolve it:

here is the right steps in order to run the xtransceiver in the black and white games, if you are like the thousands that downloaded their copy we don't have the IR function, so here is what you do:

1. you/your local friend
    2. a wifi spot
    3. two pokemon black/white games

now what you and your friends that want to connect through the xtransceiver, everyone has to do this, you and your friends go on wifi and get the wifi friend code then disconnect since you wont have to stay on long for this.
    once you and your friends have each others codes in the pal pad, go back on the wifi area then all anyone has to do is to see the others on, if you want you all can connect to each other to test it, then once you have finished that, you go out of the room then the host that wants to start the xtransceiver stuff has to go into their C-Gear and click on the xtransceiver and check all the names that is near them, then the other people will get a call on their c-gear and to answer the call, you go into the wireless part and go into the xtransceiver and there you go ^__^

9. rm212

rm212 Member

And this entralink tutorial works with the roms ? I have tried using it already and it won't connect

10. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

yeah it works with the roms, this originally works with the japanese ones also

like it says in the tut:

the host has to be in the diamond shaped area in the map, and the people trying to connect should be in the entralink