1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black/White Game Freeze

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by xAsian, Mar 11, 2011.

1. xAsian

xAsian Member

I am currently using a R4-III and a 1GB MicroSD Card.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is my firmware/setup for my MicroSD.
    [​IMG]

When I start and load my R4, I load into the WOODR4.NDS which loads me to the screen below. I load the game and it gives me a white screen for some reason.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But when I don't load WOODR4.NSD but start the game from the main screen it works and i can start a new game till the lady stops talking and i actually go into the game.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can anyone try to tell me what the heck is the problem and how the heck am i suppose to fix this?

It is on autosave/unknown for now and the rumble setting is off. This is with the YSMenue and Wood. I tried this on a patch exp rom also.

2. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Google:
    "Lunar IPS Patch Pokemon" for EXP Patch
    "Rudolph Pokemon Patch" for freeze issues

3. xAsian

xAsian Member

I google and look through the first two pages and Rudolph Pokemon Patch are mostly outdated. Can you supply a link for it? Same goes for Lunar IPS Patch Pokemon >< Im new at this sorry,

4. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

http://www.mediafire.com/?2fvmctml9ycws7c

If it does not work, I will personally upload my working ROM along with my completed game save data (optionally used)
    Post Merge: [time]1299806974[/time]
    oh um.... don't use wood or TT. just get your regular firmware should work
    Post Merge: [time]1299807111[/time]
    Wood uses up a lot of data. Only use it if you have a bigger cart :D

5. xAsian

xAsian Member

Do i try this with a clean rom of pokemon black or white? Is this the correct original firmware version?
    [​IMG]

6. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

First of all.... forgot to ask.....
    Are you using (U) or (E) or English Translation?

The link I gave you is the english translation
    Here is a link to an already patched (U) ROM I found for my Brother:
    http://www.demonoid.me/files/download/2570403/002530698471

7. xAsian

xAsian Member

Great, this is what I get when I put the patch on the clean version of pokemon black rom.

[​IMG]
    Post Merge: [time]1299808241[/time]
    I am not using any translation? I'm just using the USA version that just came out.

8. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

That is a Torrent by the way, if you want .Rar file for this, I will be glad to search it up and test it for you

The link for the english translation patch can be used on the ROMs found in the AP compatabilty topic for these games
    Post Merge: [time]1299808402[/time]
    Put ROM in folder

9. xAsian

xAsian Member

I'm confused about what you are talking about.
    I'm currently torrenting using the demonoid lin k you gave me for Pokemon Black.

What english translation patch? The first mediafire link? Yah it didnt work and it gave me an error if you saw the picture above.
    Post Merge: [time]1299808644[/time]
    [​IMG]

Pokemon Black Clean Rom is in the folder. I try patching it and get this error.

CURRENTLY TORRENTING YOUR PATCH POKEMON BLACK DEMONOID FILE.

10. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Okay to be completely clear with you....
    The media fire link was for the English Translation Rom, which can be found in an AP topic. You put the rom in the folder and simply patch. Not too difficult to do.

The demonoid link is an already patched Rom that you just copy paste and play

11. xAsian

xAsian Member

The mediafire link patch didnt work as you can see with my error on the picture. I know its not that hard to do.

I am now testing the demonoid link rom now. Is this correct?
    [​IMG]
    Post Merge: [time]1299809134[/time]
    Your demonoid link doesnt work since I get a blank double white screen on my nds.

Im using my original firmware like you said and i just drag it in and load the game :/
    Post Merge: [time]1299809203[/time]
    I got to go to sleep, so just please leave any information here to help me :/
    I been trying to get this to work for two days and there has been no sucess.

PM me is fine since i'll be on my phone.

12. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Just forget about a (U) rom and use the english translation rom. You put the Rom IN THE FOLDER in order for it to patch. this one works 100% and is tested to work on most R4 carts. (which I do have)
    You can use this for now and I will inform you if I find a working (U) Rom

13. xAsian

xAsian Member

The English translation rom is which link again ><

DIDNT U SEE MY PICTURE? I put the patch and rom in one folder. I drag the rom over the patch.exe and it gives me an error. Or are you talking about some different folder?

14. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Funny... I just dragged and dropped and it opened up a .BAK file and then it said patch done

15. xAsian

xAsian Member

Yeh it sucks >< Can you like give me your whole files for your flash cart or something ?

16. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

I can... But it is too large to upload through my IPad. Have to wait till my computer is fixed

17. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

funny, demonoid one works perfectly on my r4, no DSTT YS or Wood