1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black/White freezing

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by stuff64, Mar 18, 2011.

1. stuff64

stuff64 Active Member

I just started playing today and the game seems to freeze at random times. When I select the game from the menu, it freezes unless I hold select. When I started a new game, it started freezing when I was talking to the professor in the beginning, battling Cheren, and other times.
    I have an Acekard 2i with the AKAIO v1.8.6. Regardless, it still freezes at random. Is it supposed to do this? My Acekard 2i and DS seems to have a problem of not working a majority of the time in that it freezes whenever I play sometimes. Is there an actual way to fix the freezing? Greatly appreciate it.

2. megakid11

megakid11 Well-Known Member

I can help you. If you look at the thread called "Pokemon black freezing?" by sinnoh2, I have some answers for you to use. If you read it, and none of them work, then just tell me so I can find out what's wrong.

3. gregory2590

gregory2590 New Member

This topic is very relevant to me. Here's my post from other forums explaining this:

"Alright, I have the newest firmware for my M3i zero, and I tried running black on a clean rom. Turns out it had the EXP anti piracy so I used the patched version I self made. Everything works fine, but the game freezes randomly at any part of the game.(good thing i save every 5 mins). This problem happened on my acekard 2i as well(before I switched to m3i of course). Any suggestions? And please don't say reformat my SD card. I had to do that 5 times just to get it working with my M3i today."

@ megakid your suggestions didn't work for me btw

4. megakid11

They didn't work? Oh. Sorry, they should of worked. You tried everything right? Like the blowing thing? Anyways, there could be a problem with the actual rom you have. Or the Anti-piracy patch you are using. The game isn't supposed to freeze all the time, just once in a while or if you did the things that I said could cause it on the other thread. This is just how to fix the natural freezes that come with having a flashcard and ROMs.

Do you use Action Replay codes? Some can be glitchy with your game.

Apparently, the freezing just comes with having a flashcard. You have to deal with it in some way. There is no perfect flashcard in the world because it was given no time to develop fully to 100% work and have no problems. Well, for now, just keep on trying to blow on the Micro SD card and flashcard and the slots for each. It should work after a while. Also, your DS or DSi can be really picky on how you insert the game card. I tried doing the method I told you and it didn't work after a while, but when I slightly touched the game card from the outside, it suddenly worked again. Just be careful on how you do it and it could work.

5. gregory2590

gregory2590 New Member

This really makes me wish there was an anti freeze action replay code. Also, I didn't use any codes, and i've tried all the patches available. But from what I noticed, the longer I don't play the game, the longer it takes for it to freeze.

6. megakid11

Hmmm. I'll look into it.

Update: People have been making different codes to stop freezing but when you use them, it freezes your game from the beginning.

7. cykz

cykz New Member

Need a code asap, When versing team plasma after ice badge, you verse 4 guys one after the other but when I beat first two the third guy the fight button is missing and game like freezes. Please assist asap.

Thanks