1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black/White Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by BigGangstaKillaC93, Mar 6, 2011.

1. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

I created this thread because I want to know what others think of this game. What starters people chose, what Pokemon you're currently using, etc. Things that might even influence my own choices.

Really, anything that has to do with this game goes, so post away.

2. 10tarik10

10tarik10 Well-Known Member

Re: My Pokemon Black/White Discussion Thread

Are questions also ok...?

How can I use entralink I'm at the bridge and my friend is at the bridge but nothing happens
    Same with the infrared nothing happens...

EDIT: I found out why the entralink didnt work thx to Devilkid

EDIT2: And the infrared doesnt work with flashcards thats why nothing happened
    Not sure about the infrared info but I read it somewhere

3. abilas26

abilas26 Well-Known Member

I chose the water type starter. I like him better than the grass and fire starter. He has a great move set, and some nice Sp. Atk! I was playing the Jap rom, with English patch, and im gonna download the US version later on, so yea. I also got Zoroark from the event , and he absolutley PWNS. Great speed and special atk, just need to work on his moveset a bit. I also got a Darmanitan, and he's actually better than my Zoroark. Better Speed, and Atk, compared to his SP.Atk. ANd he has a great moveset to. You'll definitley need one of him!

4. 10tarik10

10tarik10 Well-Known Member

I chose Mijumaru (Oshawot)
    I played the english patch first I completed it with my Pokabu (Tepig)
    I'm now at the 3rth gym

5. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

umm... you didn't read my post i started the for the first pokemon white/black highlink/entralink thing, so if you want here is the link to it:

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=47627.0

ok, you have to be in a city or your friend has to be in the diamond shaped area on the map:

[​IMG]

make sure your not in-between cities when hosting cause it can screw up on you :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    i picked Oshawott for my first poke, right now i have pasted the bug-gym leader
    only thing i don't like is the english names for the new pokes >__>

6. abilas26

abilas26 Well-Known Member

I chose the water type starter. I like him better than the grass and fire starter. He has a great move set, and some nice Sp. Atk! I was playing the Jap rom, with English patch, and im gonna download the US version later on, so yea. I also got Zoroark from the event , and he absolutley PWNS. Great speed and special atk, just need to work on his moveset a bit. I also got a Darmanitan, and he's actually better than my Zoroark. Better Speed, and Atk, compared to his SP.Atk. ANd he has a great moveset to. You'll definitley need one of him!
    yea same one i chose :D
    hes a great pkmn!

7. Yardi

Yardi Member

wait is there a working rom out there????

8. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

yeah, just check the flashcart updates and the share section in case you need an update for your flashcart :)

back to topic, i have figured out how to use the Xtransceiver outside of wifi, with local friends

Xtransceiver guide:

~ ok, this a quick, simple thing to do, you and any people you want to connect with have to go through wifi to get it to work right

then the host that wants to call their friends, has to make sure their friends have their c-gear on but not in anything, once the host can confirm that, the host will go to the xtransceiver stuff in the c-gear then it should show their wifi FC and names registered in the pal-pad, then when you put checks by their names, then hit call friends, they should receive a call on their c-gear then once they are connected, you should be able to work from there

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

On White, I chose Oshawott. He's got a pretty good moveset, but you're not going to see the best parts until you get Swords Dance at 57 or if you find the TM. Fully evolved, he's got base 100 Attack, and 108 Special Attack.

With access to both Swords Dance and Aqua Jet, you've got a lot of potential. He doesn't have Earthquake, which is disappointing, but he can learn Megahorn, and you'll probably have to go with Grass Knot to take out other Water types. Someone is going to have to do the math on how effective Grass Knot is without any EV investment. Mixed sets always have really weird EV spreads.

Dragon Tail could be used in place of Megahorn, sacrificing power for utility. Imagine Roar that also does damage as well as rounding out the set with some better neutral coverage.

My second playthrough, I chose Tepig. Fully evolved, he has base 123 Attack, and base 100 Special Attack. Problem is, he doesn't have Swords Dance to abuse. I run Flare Blitz and Brick Break for STAB and the other two slots are for coverage, so Earthquake and Stone Edge are nice. Base 110 HP makes it sort of bulky but base 65 Speed makes it just awful.

Scald and Grass Knot are nice if you're going the Mixed or Special route. Not using that 126 Attack though is a waste.

Snivy sucks because all he learns are Grass moves and the extent of diversification is Dragon Tail and Aerial Ace. Wow. I'm better off just running HP Fire...
    Swords Dance would be nice if it actually had a physical Grass move...No sleep moves either. I'll just roll with Roserade because unlike this piece of crap, it can actually do something.

Oshawott has the nicest synergy with its moveset so I'm thinking that's the best one to use competitively. However, Tepig has a huge advantage at the start of the game getting access to Fighting STAB at level 17, which makes the 2nd gym a cakewalk and saves you about 30 minutes trying to find a Fighting type near the forest.

Oshawott's role can be replaced as soon as you can trade for a Basculin, although Oshawott is still better. Fire is not so easily replaceable...

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Otters must die, true?

11. BigGangstaKillaC93

My team right now is:

Tranquill
    Boldore
    Victini
    Pignite

If I knew I was going to get a Liberty ticket from mystery gift, I would have chosen Oshawott as my starter, as Victini is both a psychic and fire type. And I need a Pokemon to teach surf to later on. I'm thinking of catching an Axew because I like dragon types. I want to use an AR code to get Oshawott, but I don't like cheating. I've got two badges and my Pokemon are all LV. 25 right now and I'm taking the time to train them.

I like how you can find Pokemon that give alot of EXP in rustling grass because it makes training a breeze. Usually in games where I have to level up I'm always underleveled, but in this game I'm actually overleveling.

12. insanecrazy07

Thanks for reminding me to grab the Liberty Ticket. It kinda sucks my card thing doesn't say Mar. 6 on it for when I obtained it, but then again my trainer card says I started my adventure on Mar. 3. lol

13. sinnoh2

sinnoh2 Well-Known Member

My team
    Oshawott -I keep pressing B So my precious Oshawott Never evolves ;-;-
    Emolga
    Victini
    and Tranquil
    Axew and Pawniard SHALL BE MINE!

14. finalmario

finalmario Well-Known Member

I've beat this game a while back with the english translation (will play some more of it on the US verson though) and I admit,Black/White has to tbe the best Pokemon games yet.

For years i've liked Silver/Gold/Crystal the best,but this one beats it.But some of the pokemon do seem stupid.

When I get time later i'll go on the game and post my team.

15. insanecrazy07

Nothing really can compare to G/S/C.

I felt that this gen let go of a bunch of traditions.
    One, it's the first game that you don't have to do a mundane errand to receive the Pokedex.
    Two, it's the first game to have two "rivals."
    Three, it has the first female professor.
    Four, all TMs are reusable. The whole point of a TM was to be smart with it and don't waste it on something stupid. Now you can just spam it to whoever can learn it.

Ever since G/S/C, you always find your first electric pokemon without an electric move for the first 20 levels...kinda defeats the purpose of getting one...

16. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

I just found a shiny Sandile and caught it. :/
    It's the ugliest shiny I have ever saw. Krookodile goes from black and red to shit brown and curry yellow.

;____;

17. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

I finally found the candle Mon that will become my avatar!
    It will replace Victini. Because Victini....looks stupid.

My team of misfits.
    Samurott (Samurai otter, yes)
    Victini (Victory!)
    Zebstrika (Sounds like a FF spell)
    Gothorita (She looks like a gothic alien, of course)
    Krokorok (Badass)
    Unzefant (Who the hell chose it's English name....)

18. insanecrazy07

I can't wait until the metagame starts because right now, everyone has the same freaking team.

19. deneel

deneel Well-Known Member

am i the only one that chose tepig as starter o_o?
    here's my team btw
    boldore
    stoutland
    pignite
    munna
    ducklett
    tynamo

and i am at the city of the 6st gym and i need to find the gymleader.

20. BigGangstaKillaC93

I got a plume fossil from the guy in the ruin within the desert resort. I revived it to an Archen at the museum and added it to my team. It's actually one of the better looking Pokemon of the newest generation. I want to add an Axew to my team though. I heard the earliest you can get one is after you get the sixth badge and get the surf HM however. I'm at the fifth gym right now, so I'm not to far off.
    Post Merge: [time]1299530740[/time]
    If you don't want your Oshawott to evolve and your sick of hitting the B button all the time, you can go catch a roggenrola or two in Marsh cave. They usually are holding Everstones which cause Pokemon not to evolve.