1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black/White 2 translation bugs & glitches

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Devilkid32176, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

this topic is for any bugs or glitches found within the translation project, please be clear when posting about the bugs/glitches, thank you :)

If you came here by mistake looking for the translation project, the project's topic is here:
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=59454.0

or if you are looking for the AP discussion, which is different than this, please check this page out then:
    http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=59449.0

this is a few bugs i or some people of the community noticed when playing through the of the game

Code:
    *the date on the electric board is messed up* *have resolved, reverted back to Jpn way*
    *a conversation with one of the main characters in sangi ranch is messed up* *fixed with new patch*
    *meeting iris in Opelucid City, bad translated dialogue* 
    *elite four guard wants a pokemon and it has no name in it*
    *Elite Four Guard has a blank dialogue box when talking with him*
    *freeze (reported to PP) Striaton City post elite four, when entering the city, the game will freeze*
      ~unable to reproduce this glitch, if anyone has this happen to them, please report it~
    *Pokedex info for Gen V pokemon info is messed up* *working on*
    *some info in the Join Avenue is cut off, needs to be fixed*
    *Memory link ~ N's Pokemon battle text is messed up* *working on*
    *apparent freeze with latest patch on both versions*
        ~Bianca event with pokeballs, will cause freeze~

if anyone else has noticed any bugs, post them here, ill see if i can find them in the narcs and possibly see what is going on with it, no guarantee

old edits
    Edit: im looking into what i can do, i found the info on PP site with the new info, i am in the process of running through these updates they have done and touch some of it up, so i will try to re-post more that i find, as for me, im just getting past burgh and finding more stuff, ill report what more i find for the public

Edit (08/09/2012): currently combining efforts with the other two sites with the translation, from the looks of it, they will have a big jump in the patch coming out next, but unable to say the ETA of the release of it, but the people that have been helpful keep posting the bugs/glitches of the game, also to be more precise, please post like this, so this way i can try to produce this glitch or keep it on record:

Name of FC you are using:
    What Firmware for FC:
    What version of the patch used:
    Where you encountered the glitch:
    Post/Pre Elite Four:

this way it will help out in sorting out if this glitch has been reported or not but please keep sending those reports, this will help bust the bugs out

Edit (08/14/2012): ok, found random Gen 5 info in pokedex messed up with missing words that run off the screen, if anyone notices any other pokedex info messed up, please post it here, also what happen to everyone? i know people is still playing the game :p

Edit (09/04/2012): well it seems that the latest patch that was released is causing an issue, it happens with the bianca event in the beginning of the game, she will try to give you the pokeballs but it will freeze the game, to bypass this issue, have an old patched rom setup ready, save before the event and after the event, then run the latest patch and it should be resolved

by the way, any of my old posts/editing can be found in the spoiler section above this, thanks again everyone that has helped out on finding these bugs

PLEASE READ THIS
    *Major Freeze issue~happens in Striaton City after beating the elite four, when entering the city, the game will freeze*
    ~ this is some info from the Github page that some people have ran into this glitch~

Flashcard: M3 DS REAL
    Firmware: M3 Sakura 1.49 & Cheatfix for B2/W2.
    Patch used: English Translation 2.2

Flashcard: Original R4
    Firmware: Wood 1.50
    Patch used: N/A
    MicroSD: transcend 2gb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    please read

the pokedex info for the Gen 5 is still messed up, please report in this manner what ones is messed up and where it breaks off for the dex info, thank you

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

There are two translation projects.
    Each one has bugs different to the other.

What translation project is this going to be?

3. Devilkid32176

oh, i am currently working with both patches at the moment :( sorry about that

4. Devilkid32176

updated with 2 new translation issues >_<

5. DeGladiator

DeGladiator Well-Known Member

after the league when that man give you the national pokédex it stands:
    Juniper:............................. instead of his name

6. Devilkid32176

ok, is this with the latest patch? also when you get the national dex, basically juniper doesnt say the hero's name and just like a silence thing, is this correct?

7. Devilkid32176

updated with new problems

8. Devilkid32176

updated ** please read **