1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Black Save Erased

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by westside619, May 20, 2011.

1. westside619

westside619 Active Member

I know that this seems to be a lost cause, but after clocking more than 200 hours, as I was saving it suddenly froze just before saying that I have saved the game. When I turned it back on there was nothing on the screen to let me know that I had played the game before. (i.e.: Normal NewGame list, no saved game found.) I'm hoping that when I turn it on again it'll magically come back, but is there a way to revert the last save and acquire it so I can play from where I last left off, all from my .sav file of my M3? I really would like to know, because I'm thinking that it may have froze because I somehow jiggled the chip before saving. I know it sounds stupid, but at times my games have froze, I believe, because of it.

Thanks in Advance.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if the save has become corrupted then there is no way of recovering it. Unlike a retail cartridge, a flashcart allows you to keep backup copies of the save on your PC, but that is the only possible defence against data loss.

3. westside619

Well then I officially quit, because I didn't think that something like that would happen to me. Thanks loonylion.
    Post Merge: [time]1305900451[/time]
    HOLD UP! I JUST REALIZED! HOW DO I GET DITTO BACK FROM THE DREAM WORLD?!? :eek:

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Without that save file, you can't; cause the GAME SYNC ID you had acquired is generated randomly and saved into that save file. Without the same save file, that DITTO of your's shall forever slumber in the Dream World. Even with the same rom, when you create a new game save, the GAME SYNC ID shall be different, as I said its generated randomly. And to also note, your PGL accomodate 1 GAME SYNC ID of Black and 1 for White. If you decide to create lets say a second white save file and SYNC ID, you can't add it to the same PGL account. You must create a new account. 1 PGL for 1 pair of PKM Black and White ID.

5. westside619

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Usually when the save file is corrupted, the built in save corruption thing starts up when you load up Pokemon. It usually says your save file is corrupt and will load the last saved one. This happened to me a few times when I was saving and shut it off just a little too early.

Always back up your saves on your PC. That's all you really can do to prevent this from happening.

7. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to me. There's nothing you can do....

8. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    ^ That is what you get from it.